Bath Time! Well, Our Version.... Lol

love4Luna

My kids were taking a bath, and before I could get her, Luna jumped in too! She took a running leap, and dove right in! She immediately jumped back out but I had to chase her to catch her as she was running around soaking my house. I believe she soaked up about 10lbs worth of water in her coat, that she distributed so generously on my floors! :lol:

I thought beforehand, she really couldn't run on my hardwood floors. Being wet is far more of the obstacle. Perhaps I should thank her? She kinda "mopped" half of the kitchen floor for me... ;)

Oh it was hilarious! But no pics, all I was thinking as the kids were screaming was, "oh god!!! All that water! Ahhh! Gotta catch her! Ahhh! Not my hardwood!"

I've been saying for days that she needs cleaned up a bit. But I didn't mean taking a bubble bath with the kiddos. Lol it took a mop and 6 towels to clean up with. Definitely memorable. :)

Balto loves a bath!!! He has only had two baths since we got him and both were at my OH's mom's as she lives on a farm and he seems to roll in the worst smelling objects so everytime we go out there Balto thinks he needs to have a bath and will just get in the tub. If I am taking a bath he tries to jump in there with me.

Chula hates, hates, hates baths. She doesn't even like going in the bathroom with the tub because she knows there is a chance she will get bathed. She's getting quite stinky but I am putting it off because I dont want to deal with her thrashing!

While we are talking about baths.....I attempted to give "Maxi" one last evening do to no other choice.   She is 50 lbs now, and 1 1/2 years.  I love that she isn't squemish(sp) about the tub, she's been getting in on her own lately (likes drinking left over shower water) but our issue is she just throws a fit when I try to brush out her mats (which I have to get a handle on).   So I was wondering if anyone with a long haired husky has found just the right tool.  We have the furminator which is great but the issue with both tools is you can tell that if it goes deep enough it is pulling hair and this little girl is just not going to stand for it.   I'm currently at a loss but need to find a solution for her.  Since I am new I will have to post a pic of our girl!

While we are talking about baths.....I attempted to give "Maxi" one last evening do to no other choice.   She is 50 lbs now, and 1 1/2 years.  I love that she isn't squemish(sp) about the tub, she's been getting in on her own lately (likes drinking left over shower water) but our issue is she just throws a fit when I try to brush out her mats (which I have to get a handle on).   So I was wondering if anyone with a long haired husky has found just the right tool.  We have the furminator which is great but the issue with both tools is you can tell that if it goes deep enough it is pulling hair and this little girl is just not going to stand for it.   I'm currently at a loss but need to find a solution for her.  Since I am new I will have to post a pic of our girl!

Detangling spray is the best way to go before the brushing.  Just saturate and brush.  Rori hates it too especially near her hinney where its all knotted.