Me Me Mia

Miahowlingprincess

She has only recently started this with the sofa. She barks and jumps on me and when i say no responds by chewing my hand. Not hard but i feel i need to assert myself so after 3 chances i put her in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes she scratches and whines at the door. Elka is now snuggled up on the sofa next to me head on my leg so it definitely works. I hadn't read about time out in the books i have so the info on the forum about it has been really useful.

She has only recently started this with the sofa. She barks and jumps on me and when i say no responds by chewing my hand. Not hard but i feel i need to assert myself so after 3 chances i put her in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes she scratches and whines at the door. Elka is now snuggled up on the sofa next to me head on my leg so it definitely works. I hadn't read about time out in the books i have so the info on the forum about it has been really useful.

I'm surprised that it's not in any of the books you've read but it's all over the internet:

That last one is not the main title of the article, but she does bring up several points that I considered worthwhile.

Dogs are pack animals ( as you see from your picture, they lie to "pack it in" :) ) so any separation from the pack (family) is punishment - and like all punishment, needs to be used wisely.