Dangit Chula!

Chula

So tonight Chula got the zoomies. We had the door to the baby gate open but it has a rail that runs across the bottom. Somehow she hurt her front leg. She cried and cried and cried for a good minute. We can bend it and touch it and she doesn't cry. She walked on it but it's obviously bothering her. She's in her crate now cause its bedtime.

What do I do?

I would wait and see how it is in the morning and then if not any better call the vet. Balto did the same thing the other day and we watched him and when we touched it he didn't yelp or anything but limped on it and so we put him in his crate since it was bed time and in the morning we checked it again and he had no problems

Mine have done that before too and if it is still bothering her in a day or so then if ring the vet. Chances are it will be ok, just keep an eye out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well she is still limping a bit. You wouldn't necessarily notice if you weren't looking. She really wants to run and jump and play. I'm trying hard not to let her but even on a short lease she can jump. There is no swelling and she doesn't cry when its touched or moved.

I will call the vet when they open. If it isn't broken what else could it be? Can dogs just get bruised up? My guess is she jammed her foot or banged it.

Going to try to keep her quietly occupied with her treat ball until I can talk to the vet.

I wouldn't worry to much if it was swollen then yes but as she only notices it when she puts weight in it it'll sort itself out in a few days. Imagine you doing the same thing, it would hurt immediately after but you'd not expect it to be fully better by morning. It would still be sore if you used it. The same applies to our dogs. Instantaneous repair doesn't happen, although we wish it would :)

Safi had a limp when I first met Liz jones. She got so she'd limp when she knew I was watching and not when I wasn't lol

I hope its just a banged up foot. I wonder if somehow it got stuck under, but she kept going, and it got bent. It's not stopping her from being a little brat! Now to stop her from zooming and making healing time longer. We are supposed to go to the mountains this weekend.

It was so scary when she was crying. You'd have thought her whole leg was ripped off.

My guys dig holes in the garden then get the zoomies and trip over the holes they dug the day before.

They get a bit of a sprain limp for a couple of days and are zooming around the garden a few days later.

If she's still limping at the end of day two then take her to the vets on the 3rd. :)

One time Yukon caught his foot in his crate getting out. He cried and yelped for awhile and limped for awhile but after a couple of days he was fine. If she isn't yelping when you touch it then I doubt it's broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No yelping. It was interesting, when she was yelping after hitting it she sat there with her paw up and I was scared to touch it in case it was broken so she kept yelping. OH walked up and started soothing and held her leg and she stopped crying right away. She's definitely still limping though. Dummy keeps trying to jump on the couch.

I think maybe I wasn't meant to have dogs my anxiety levels are so high I'm always afraid something is wrong. Maybe this is why my body wont let me have children. If its this bad with one little dog I cant imagine the anxiety I'd suffer from raising a little person!

Skye used to do this ALL THE TIME she would be a right drama queen though and scream! She used to launch herself off the sofa etc lol think of it like dont know if you did this but i was a bit silly as a kid and jumped off high climbing frames for fun think how your joints hit when you hit the ground i reckon its like that but you are fine after :)