Exercise And Walking

Hey, first off i have moved your post to training and behaviour :) (you also have a pm regarding this)

Wow you are full of questions :D But this is what we are here for to advise :D

Walking alot of people vary like i said in my other reply, i reccomend quite alot of walking though it depends on age also... a puppy should only be walked small amount a time due to their joints growing.

Adults need alot of excersize no amount of walking tires my puppy out though she is a year old now and crazy! Mental stimulation is a must like training commands etc this tires them out alot more! And toys that they need to use their mind to work like kongs stuffed with tasty food and frozen can take them hours to get into !! 

Running freely i assume you mean offlead which is not advised with a husky due to their stubborness and high prey drive, they will happily chase after that rabbit and not listen to you including over main roads etc so it is advised a 50 foot or 100 foot lead for great fun to run around but knowing they cannot get away still :) Or find an enclosed area (around 6ft fencing all around) :)

Swimming it depends on the dog, my Shadow will not go in water. Skye will get in the paddling pool but its not deep enough to swim hoping to get a bigger one at some point to see if she will ... got a canal here but she wont jump in that which im glad about lol! Tried her at the beach last year at husky camp but she did not like the waves but now she is older she may go swimming we will see :) i dont see the issue with letting them swim!

Thank You for your reply!  :D​ (Sorry about wrong topic! Thanks for switching)

So from what I gathered from around the forum,huskies seem to be a worthwhile challenge!

Timetable_zpsbd68a32f.png

This is my usual schedule! Do you think that a I have enough time for one?  

Obviously I wont deprive the dog of sleep this is just the times that whether he is awake or a sleep I'll be around! biggrin.png

A puppy needs approx 5 minutes of exercise per month of age 

So at 4 months 4 x 5mins = 20 mins (or approx 1 mile)

Also be aware that you shouldn't take your dog out onto public streets / parks etc

until they've had all their shots. (to protect them from any nasties

other infected / unprotected / unvaccinated dogs may leave behind.)

Also even when your puppy is getting older.

There should be no strenuous exercise i.e. Pulling on rigs/bikes extended running etc 

until they are at least a year old. (they will get enough running around the house and garden + normal walks)

Until this age the joints and ligaments and bones are still growing.

The strain on these can cause Hip and Joint problems later in life, much earlier than you would normally expect.

However tempting it is please wait the extra few months until they are old enough.

Thank You so much everyone! This forum is wonderful!  :D

I have nothing to echo to what has already been said, however, I do like that you made a colored chart with the time the dog will be alone/sleep, with you, with family, etc. Maybe it is because I like to be organized like that.

hehe c: Thank You!!  :redface1: