What Do People Call Your Husky When They See Them??

emmaj87

over the easter weekend we took luna on a few trips, to beacon fell and for a lovely walk down the canal :-) and had many people ask if she was a akita and then a little girls asked her mum "mummy is that a real warewolf" lol i couldnt help but laugh loudly, lol anyone else had their dog called a warewolf :-) kids come out with funny things

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one child ask if Elka was a wolf but generally people ask what she is. Elka's best friend is an Akita called  Susie who we often bump into on our walks. Susie's owner has assured me that as a puppy Elka will get lots of attention but as an adult people will cross the road lol

yeah ive had many people ask what she is and coming over to say hello, then they comment on how well she behaves :-) but i have had one older women with a big lab dog, who saw luna and shook her head at me and crossed the road :-( what did she honestly think a 12week old puppy can do to her fully grown labrodor

Sasha gets from kids "look its a snow dog" lol most people walk away from her though. One person went to the trouble of hiding behind a car as we walked passed haha I swear Sasha knew because she went straight upto them behind the car and licked there hand haha

lol yeah i had someone say she looked like a fox wen she was smaller, i cant wait till shes bigger to see what people say :-) thats funny that someone hid behind a car lol if only people knew more about huskys they wudnt be so scared

Yesterday we were asked if they were Akitas. On the beach there were a couple of people with yappy dogs that drew their attention. They ran over to them, gave a quick sniff an walked on when told totally uninterested. The people just stood an stared at us. I doubt they'd have done the same if they'd been two labs. Saying that, despite loki's size he does have 'got treats' plastered along the sides of his harness! He can't appear that frightening with that on surely! Lol

Some local yobs were sitting on a fence near the local park.

As we came out.Echo went into her usual teeth out with loud noises greetings to them.

Echo is a White German Shepherd and most people can't tell what breed she is at first glance.

She is very protective of her human and Husky pack and doesn't like it if other people get too close.

One of the eejits jumped off the fence and walked towards us which only increased the volume of Echo's noises.

"Ere mate wot's that then "? he asked pointing at Echo.

Echo is now straining at the lead on her back legs.

"Hungry" I replied letting the lead slip a little.

Naughty I know but it was funny watching him nearly trip over as he jumped backwards away from her teeth.

As we came out.Echo went into her usual teeth out with loud noises greetings to them.

Echo is a White German Shepherd and most people can't tell what breed she is at first glance.

She is very protective of her human and Husky pack and doesn't like it if other people get too close.

One of the eejits jumped off the fence and walked towards us which only increased the volume of Echo's noises.

Naughty I know but it was funny watching him nearly trip over as he jumped backwards away from her teeth.

Haha, that's ace!!

"Shakes head and attempts not to show laughter"

Yes Andy, very naughty "stern face"

"Oh, look! It's a wolf! You're not allowed to have those you know and blah blah blah blah blah licence blah blah blah"

'Wolf' can be interchanged with 'wolf-hybrid', 'coyote', or more recently: a 'coy-wolf'

Went to elephant rock yesterday and twenty people passed by calling echo a Alaskan husky,malamutr,wolf hybrid, Alaskan Akita,snow dog...only one person got it right that he was a Siberian husky and it was a child who was 6 or 7 and I allowed her to pet him and she enjoyed every minute!!