Flexi Leads

Stormy

Took them down to the front of the canal on their flexi leads this morning :D I was very happy as i have been unable to do this for a long time! Im considering getting a small back pack so i can take them with me when i go further for walks as its great for them to have more freedome! Skye is a right pain though always getting the lead under her legs!

482684_319303914862127_152325117_n.jpg

7295_319303851528800_711438767_n.jpg

I also think Shadow wanted to set Skye free or just get rid of her as he tried to eat through her lead!!!! Naughty boy. Have to keep an eye on them at all times lol

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love having Mia on her flexi lead, just gives her a bit more freedom. I've found if I use the flexi with her harness she doesn't seem to get tangled up as much as when it is attached to her collar

i've found my boys tend not to pull "as" much on a flexi - there are always exceptions to the rule however lol

Skye does not believe anything can stop her pulling ... .lol

Yeah i normally have them on their harness with the flexi but taking both that would be a death wish :) haha

• 2 months later...

sorry to bring back an old thread but the title is what i want ask about.

i had a cheap flexi lead given to me for skyler and had been using it mostly when going up the mountain so she could run around a bit more in the open areas.

she had been chewing it a bit though and it snapped the other day.  managed to grab her before anything happened.

can anyone recommend some heavy duty flexi leads that are good for huskys?

I have a similar one to Lynn's. Here are photos of it:

vvp6.jpg

stvx.jpg

k7bl.jpg

3lpw.jpg

This one is supposed to be able to hand dogs from 50 to 110 kilos.

Pros:

- You can let your dog roam "freely" around;

- The grip is not hurting your hand if the dog pulls;

- You can adjust the length of the lead depending on the situation.

Cons:

- Hard to untangle if you let your dog play with other dog;

- Can't tie it to anything due to its size;

- No one knows when the mechanism inside would break;

I have the same as above and have had a few problems with the mechanism jamming,  if you have to grab the cord it bl####y hurts, I've just ordered the flexi giant (should be here Tom yay) after seeing rogues one last weekend,  so will let you know how that goes !

I have a similar one to Lynn's. Here are photos of it:

vvp6.jpg

stvx.jpg

k7bl.jpg

3lpw.jpg

This one is supposed to be able to hand dogs from 50 to 110 kilos.

Pros:

- You can let your dog roam "freely" around;

- The grip is not hurting your hand if the dog pulls;

- You can adjust the length of the lead depending on the situation.

Cons:

- Hard to untangle if you let your dog play with other dog;

- Can't tie it to anything due to its size;

- No one knows when the mechanism inside would break;

I would not recommend one of these they are just not strong enough IMO :(

I have the same as above and have had a few problems with the mechanism jamming,  if you have to grab the cord it bl####y hurts, I've just ordered the flexi giant (should be here Tom yay) after seeing rogues one last weekend,  so will let you know how that goes !

I second this opinion, I almost cut one of my friend's foot with it. Ares ran forward in front of him, and I was behind him, then he turned suddenly to the left resulting the cord to hit his leg. I think he had a small wound of where it passed through. Mine is also jamming every now and then and it's fairly new one. :(

I would not recommend one of these they are just not strong enough IMO :(

Well, I asked for the strongest one they had, hope it will make it. The only thing that I'm afraid of is that the mechanism might suddenly break and if we're on the sidewalk for example and I don't manage to get Ares to stop on time, it might have devastating results. :/

I second this opinion, I almost cut one of my friend's foot with it. Ares ran forward in front of him, and I was behind him, then he turned suddenly to the left resulting the cord to hit his leg. I think he had a small wound of where it passed through. Mine is also jamming every now and then and it's fairly new one. :(

Well, I asked for the strongest one they had, hope it will make it. The only thing that I'm afraid of is that the mechanism might suddenly break and if we're on the sidewalk for example and I don't manage to get Ares to stop on time, it might have devastating results. :/

I have had my Giant one for over a year maybe even longer :o its perfectly fine still you just have to keep checking for damage on the lead part :) I have Skye on this one as she likes to pull and also run to the end and it has not snapped... i did however have one smaller that shadow ran to the end of and it snapped and he kept going so i do advise the Giant :)

Well it came,  he walked, and he bit,  one second he was merrily running around, the next he turned and chewed, GRRR !  He hasn't chewed through it but ......  my question is do I now trust it ?  And if I don't, can I return it, I mean, it's not like he's a 12 stone rottie or GSD,  he's still a puppy shouldn't it stand up to a little chew, ( about 15 secs)