Backyard Looking Like The Moon

myka

i know i have asked before, but HOW DO I GET LUNA TO STOP DIGGING, ive caught her in the act,,, and told her NO, and i have filled the holes back in,,, but she just digs somewhere else,,, it cannot be do to lack of energize because we are give her LOTS of walks, and she has toys to play with outside..... ugh im dreading summer, my husband kind of likes his grass :( help!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the joys of owning a husky, digging holes is what they do!

Mine isn't allowed on the lawn, unless we are out with her, that said we still have holes! Mia is only allowed in the concrete yard when unsupervised.

I know some huskies here that own a personal digging space in their owner's yard. Is there any way you can do this for Luna? I don't know the best way to separate her digging space from the rest of your yard but that way your husband can still have his grass and Luna can still continue what she enjoys to do :) 

This is what my garden looked like May last year just before we moved in.

post-1354-0-52779300-1364909560_thumb.jp

This is what it looks like this morning.

post-1354-0-94317900-1364909636_thumb.jp

I think if you really do want a nice garden in my experience it will have to be a blanket no dog zone......which to be honest is what I fully intended to do, we have a yard and also have a dog run so it is possible for us to do this. But I see how much pleasure the lawn brings and just give in to them!!

I still see green bits!!! Lol

Oh, they'll get to those. :)

Darwin and Daughtry dig the holes.

Echo churns up the ground running and chasing her ball.

Oh, they'll get to those. :)

Darwin and Daughtry dig the holes.

Echo churns up the ground running and chasing her ball.

As long as it is working progress :D

Our snow has finally cleared to re-veal a mud bath, ah well the pups and kids had fun!

Lol i'll do mine to

Before:

428851_215454488580404_2036055834_n.jpg

After:

ECA7B1A1-7600-495E-A1A4-4DAC966512BD-646

Bah !!! barely a scratch :P

LOL I've still gotta clear up after they knocked the council wheely bin over and distributed the contents all up the top of the garden. Sigh :(

Bah !!! barely a scratch :P

LOL I've still gotta clear up after they knocked the council wheely bin over and distributed the contents all up the top of the garden. Sigh :(

Lol its actually worse than that now

Lol its actually worse than that now

Yeah, mine has just about dried out.

It was when it was wet that Echo really turned it from a garden to a mudslide.

holy smokes! i had no idea,,,, its winter here and we still have a bit of snow, so we havent even started on full grass,,,, shes just digging craters ,,,,, DEFINITELY need a dog run for her,,or  my husband is going to faint LOL

holy smokes! i had no idea,,,, its winter here and we still have a bit of snow, so we havent even started on full grass,,,, shes just digging craters ,,,,, DEFINITELY need a dog run for her,,or  my husband is going to faint LOL

Good luck :lmao:

Yeah, mine has just about dried out.

It was when it was wet that Echo really turned it from a garden to a mudslide.

Yeah i am still waiting for it to dry out at the moment, i've been out and jet washed the rocks so far lol and filled in 2 holes Skye dug in between the rocks.

Lol yeah if you want to save some of your garden then do... 

I cant leave Mia in the dog run if we are in the garden, she just screams until i let her out to join us!

She is on the run whilst we are out at work which I prefer to keeping her in a crate, otherwise she is in the house with us.

:rofl: Sorry. Couldn't help but laugh. I just saw  the funny side of this as soon as I read the title. With a name like LUNA of course your garden will look like the moon. Where else is she going to park her LUNA MODULE. :rofl: .

Seriously I know it's heartbreaking when you see your lawn go to pot. I've now concreted half of mine and will lay a new lawn this year.

Gary.

post-9015-0-34999000-1364913271_thumb.jp

Edited by Keeonah

I actually thought my garden was getting better until I looked at some old photos and videos yesterday and have realised it's worse!!!

Before things got bad.......

post-6386-0-27145200-1364913291_thumb.jp

And a few minutes ago.....

post-6386-0-49314600-1364913246_thumb.jp

:rofl: Sorry. Couldn't help but laugh. I just saw  the funny side of this as soon as I read the title. With a name like LUNA of course your garden will look like the moon. Where else is she going to park her LUNA MODULE. :rofl: .

Seriously I know it's heartbreaking when you see your lawn go to pot. I've now concreted half of mine and will lay a new lawn this year.

Gary.

LOL i didnt even catch luna>moon,, hahah that is funny,,, yes i knew they liked to dig, i just thought i could stop it sooner then later,,, i chased her with a broom yesterday ,, (she stopped) however i got up this morning and Bam,,, theres a hole 3x bigger than her,,, ugh LOL... husband hasnt seen that one yet ... ;P

lol!!!

I do think winter makes it worse though :)

Without a doubt. But ours looked ever do pretty covered in snow, all the holes and patches were hidden! Lol

Me and the OH were only saying earlier the lawn needs a rest from dogs/kids. I think we are going to airate it and sprinkle with seed to try and add a bit of green. I can't see the point in attempting to relay ours as it wouldn't last long enough to make it worth our while!