Idiot!

Stormy

Me that is lol..... took the dogs on their second walk down the canal today :) anyway got onto the canal so thought right ill let them have longer leads (on their police leads) did shadow no problems then did Skyes.... however skyes is alot longer than shadows so i double it over and clip the clip onto the lead and the clip ... i clearly forgot this unclipped it and clipped it straight onto the other clip to make it longer.... forgetting it would then not be attatched to the belt so low and behold... it comes out of the belt and she keeps going :o I just stopped with shadow and called her name which i had to say three time before she stopped and turned i then crouched down onto the floor pretended i was getting a treat and said "Whats this" she came back but she also hesitated... clipped her back on PROPERLY!

Lesson being always make sure you think about what you are doing! I was lucky this time but she is definitely not a dog to be off the lead ever! Luckily we weren't quite at the ducks yet!!

Phew close call.

Oh, yeah never chase them it just becomes a chase me game.

Once I have them in sight I do what you did, sit down and pretend to be eating something and giving it to the others.

They usually come straight over for nommage.

Phew close call.

Once I have them in sight I do what you did, sit down and pretend to be eating something and giving it to the others.

Yep it worked perfectly :D 

Phew close call.

Thats how I got Wolf back last year he set off like a rocket so I sat down and cuddled Saskia and he came running back thinking he was missing something then I jumped on him  :rofl:

Glad it worked out ok Storm :)

Its how i have got Shadow back a few times to! I THINK if she did go further she would stop eventually and look back but if there was a duck or dogs or people she would be off i have no doubt. 

BUT she did not get that far she got i would say about 4 meters away from me :)

I wont be so stupid next time!