We've Had A Horrible Weekend

DuramaxDiesel

Well, I'm still alive. Barely, I suppose.

Nymeria (as we call her Meerie) started having some nasty diarrhea on Thursday, and we were able to get her into the Vet's office on Friday afternoon. She has/had Coccidia and Giardia :(  She was dehydrated (which she drank plenty of water). So they put her on Albon and Panacur. We stopped at the pharmacy on the way home and got some unflavored Pedialyte and I picked up some more cough medicine for myself. I have had such a nasty cough and runny nose for the last week! 

We had to make her drink the pedialyte, we did a 50/50 mix with it and water, and within a couple hours she had perked up, but was still a sleepy head. Then, that night, she started doing this weird gagging reflex, though nothing would come up, and she'd shake her head. It scared my husband and I because that's what Max did before he'd seize... she'd only do it every couple of hours though. Then, we didn't see it again until Saturday night... at like 11:30 p.m. And it was a LONG time after we gave her her medicines.

So we took her to the Animal After Hours Emergency (I am so thankful there's one within 15 minutes of our house) because the weird gagging thing was more prevalent. They said she was probably nauseous from the medications, and gave us 2 more meds for her tummy upset. That cured the problem. She slept without moving every 30 minutes to get comfortable. And that night when we got home, my tummy wasn't feeling great, I chalked it up to be from stress and nerves...and took some cough meds for my cough so I could get to sleep without hacking up a lung. I woke up a couple of hours later and felt worse. I took some pepto and then decided I should eat some yogurt (I have been taking MetFormin for my PCOS to help me lose some weight-which I've lose 38 lbs- and get my hormones in check, and sometimes it makes me feel a little weak, and I thought that was the deal)... needless to say, I ended up having the stomach flu :(

My poor husband was stuck taking care of me, Meerie, and Diesel all weekend. We were supposed to go to his parent's for a brunch on Easter (which they canceled on us on Saturday night because my mother-in-law's favorite 30 year old cow had to be put down and she was really sad) and then we were supposed to go to my parents on Easter too, for dinner...and that never happened.

Our normal vet gave her some Medicated Hills Food, which she ate half a can the first night we had her home...then she wasn't interested in it. But I boiled some chicken and chopped it up, then she ate it all. Finally, today, she is back on kibble. I bought some chicken and rice canned dog food, which she gobbled up last night with her kibble... and I never thought I'd be happier to see a dog poop a REAL poop before!! So much stress of my shoulders! And she is now a little bundle of joy...running around with a case of the zoomies and playing with her squeeker... I am so glad Diesel is behaving so well around her (he has 3 more weeks to go from his Heartworm treatment injections...and he hasn't coughed once!)...he just lays around and lets her snuggle with him. Meerie goes back on Thursday for a follow-up and if she's well enough...she'll get her rabies shot.

Our wonderfully planned 3 day weekend turned into a horrible mess. But it's better now that everyone, including me, feels a little better. Now time to catch up on my work...

Glad your all feeling better!  I remember the weekend we were all sick :(  It sucked.  I know what you mean about real poops though. I would cross my fingers when I would watch him poop hoping it would not shoot across the patio

i know i.m evil and nasty but i could not help but smile at mother in laws cow! now i would be devastated if anything were to happen to the doofs but cant imagine feeling the same about a cow.That said, my very best wishes to her and you all and i hope you make up for having a crappy easter later on in the year xx

i know i.m evil and nasty but i could not help but smile at mother in laws cow! now i would be devastated if anything were to happen to the doofs but cant imagine feeling the same about a cow.That said, my very best wishes to her and you all and i hope you make up for having a crappy easter later on in the year xx

She's had the cow for 30 years... since her and my father-in-law were married. She was more of a lawn ornament than anything, but she was nice :) 

(I have been taking MetFormin for my PCOS to help me lose some weight-which I've lose 38 lbs- and get my hormones in check, and sometimes it makes me feel a little weak, and I thought that was the deal)

I also have PCOS but my other half and I are not worried about it quite yet as I would like to have my blood sugars under better control (since I am a Type 1 diabetic and have been since 2) and I want to get done more in school, but I wanted to ask when that time arrives does the Metformin seem to be helping? I am nervous that since I have been a type 1 diabetic with bouncing blood sugars that it won't be successful. Have you tried the other pill that is supposed to make you ovulate?