Balto's Weight

CARRINGTON

Well we had to take Balto to the vet yesterday so he could be weighed for his heart worm pills, he was 41 pounds the same he was two months back. Is this normal? I feel that at 5 1/2 months he should be getting bigger.  He is getting taller and he is spot on with his weight as the vet had said, but I just find it odd that he isn't getting any bigger. He is fed 2 1/2 cups of TOTW a day, we try to do 3 cups but in the morning he will NOT eat more then 1 cup not matter how much you put in there and at night we give him 1 1/2 cups and he will NOT eat any more then that. Should I be concerned and ask to talk to our vet? The person who weighed him was a vet tech so they really couldn't say too much.

Rafeal is just over five months and is 28.6601 pounds.

I have found his growth has slowed a bit but he was probably almost on the larger side at 8 weeks.

I think sometimes they'll just have a moment here and there where it slows a bit, I wouldn't worry :)

I need to get Chula in to be weighed. She was 18 pounds two weeks ago, and she's definitely filled out and looking more sturdy. Her ribs and spine are not so visible. I hope she's a good 23 pounds or so. Will your vet weigh them for free? We don't have a scale at our house. 

I need to get Chula in to be weighed. She was 18 pounds two weeks ago, and she's definitely filled out and looking more sturdy. Her ribs and spine are not so visible. I hope she's a good 23 pounds or so. Will your vet weigh them for free? We don't have a scale at our house. 

Yes we called our vet the day of saying we needed him weighed so he could get his heart pill (since you can only get a heart pill by prescription) and they said ok bring him in when ever you can and when we went we told them we were here for the pill and to weigh him so they got a vet tech took him in and weighed him, gave us the pill and we went on our way. I would think your vet would be the same

Nikko slowed way down at about 6-7 months. He had been at the same weight since he was 9 months and u thought he would keep growing until at least a year old. I'm glad he didn't keep growing or I'd have a 80lb husky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk