Pasta Sauce

Stormy

I seem to be a regular in here today! lol

Anyway i just made a pasta bake... opened the pasta sauce up ready to put on put it all over my pasta.... a BIG chunk of mould fell onto it out of the freshly opened jar :o there is mould all on the lid to!! Taken pics and i am about to complain!! Does not go out of date until Feb 2014 and i only bought it a few weeks ago...

Some how the lid did not get installed tightly enough, someone somewhere, loosened the lid, or there was no vacuum in the jar when the lid was applied.  There should have been a dimple in the lid of the jar, indicating vacuum.  Should have heard a "pop" when the jar was opened and the air pops in to take the place of the vacuum.  Not things one normally checks for though.  Hope you are made whole again, and then some.

Had a phone call from Sainsburys they are giving me 7.50 refund so that i can get more pasta and pasta cause :) 

The pasta company itself have got in touch to i have given them the product code and they are sending a pre paid envelope to send them the jar to investigate :)

ergh. That's gross.

Had something similar happen to me though: I bought a prepackaged meal (scalloped potatoes.). When I opened it up 2 days later to eat (after being refrigerated  obviously), there was a huge spot of mold on it. Me, being disgusted, just threw it out...I honestly didn't want to waste my time complaining about a $5 container of potatoes...lol

ergh. That's gross.

Had something similar happen to me though: I bought a prepackaged meal (scalloped potatoes.). When I opened it up 2 days later to eat (after being refrigerated  obviously), there was a huge spot of mold on it. Me, being disgusted, just threw it out...I honestly didn't want to waste my time complaining about a $5 container of potatoes...lol

Only took me a few mins to complain lol at the end of the day i paid for it and it was not right and i dont have money to spare on anything unfortunately