Wow...

Elyse

This just blows my mind...

I only found out a few months ago the UK isn't really its own country...its a country of countries. And Ireland isn't actually a country, its a geographical term. Why do the British have to make things so complicated!? LOL

Yep, that's us. :)

We used to rule  a large part of the world, but gave most of it back.

Now most of the citizens of those countries (and every other country in eastern europe and the african and indian subcontinents) seem to be emigrating to the U.K.

Primarily because we have one of the best welfare systems in the world.

Which they then take immediate advantage of.

Much to the chagrin of the tax payers who have to foot the bill.

Great video, very informative.

I didn't realise we still had so many little Islands as part of the Commonwealth or independancies.

I thought it was pretty interesting he took the time to make that a video, but informative. It was a neat watch :)

He makes a lot of videos like this - just check out his Youtube channel - he's one of my favourite people on youtube to Watch. :)

Now most of the citizens of those countries (and every other country in eastern europe and the african and indian subcontinents) seem to be emigrating to the U.K.

Primarily because we have one of the best welfare systems in the world.

Which they then take immediate advantage of.

Much to the chagrin of the tax payers who have to foot the bill.

In your opinion... Many of us don't have a problem with it...

Sometimes when I get bored at work I look at random Wikipedia pages, and read an article about the Queen.  I never understood why they had the Queen and the Prime Minister, or that Canada was a constitutional monarchy.

It's still confusing to me, but the video was very informative.  I had always thought the UK, Great Britain and England where one in the same. 

I believe we still own Gibralta to? (Attatched to spain)

They had a referendum a voted to remain with us yes lol.. We were there last summer an the tour guide up the rock never stopped going on about how awful Spanish control would be lol

They had a referendum a voted to remain with us yes lol.. We were there last summer an the tour guide up the rock never stopped going on about how awful Spanish control would be lol

lol! I've been there once when i lived in spain, nice place :) i never did go up the mountain though!

lol! I've been there once when i lived in spain, nice place :) i never did go up the mountain though!

First time we went we used the cable car and did a lot of foot work. Second time we went with my cousin an her oh doesn't like heights so we did the tour in the van. It's nice to visit but I don't think I could live there. I love its history though, its amazing

First time we went we used the cable car and did a lot of foot work. Second time we went with my cousin an her oh doesn't like heights so we did the tour in the van. It's nice to visit but I don't think I could live there. I love its history though, its amazing

I wouldn't want to live in Gibraltar no

He makes a lot of videos like this - just check out his Youtube channel - he's one of my favourite people on youtube to Watch. :)

Lol

Thanks Elyse for posting this,it's very funny!!

And thanks to @Povodny ( Nicola Hun!) for sharing it on fbook!!!

:)

Karen

Xx

Edited by basketcase687

i'm British and even i'm confused!!!

LOL

Could be worse you could be a dutch person from the netherlands in the carribean which is nowhere near the rest of the netherlands and a european nowhere near europe LOL

While you're watching CGPGrey's videos, don't forget to check out his Holland vs. the Netherlands one to get even more confused  :lol:

Already seen it...spend yesterday watching all his videos.  :whistling: 

Didn't you post this about a year ago Elyse?

Hm...I don't know? Did I? I'm pretty sure I would have remembered if I did.  :huh:

Already seen it...spend yesterday watching all his videos.  :whistling: 

Hm...I don't know? Did I? I'm pretty sure I would have remembered if I did.  :huh:

Think so. Unless it was someone else? I remember showing my step dad, he laughed his socks off. This being the only forum I'm a member of so it's unlikely I've seen it elsewhere :/

Have you ever seen a channel called scishow?