Some People Annoy Me When In Comes To Huskies!

Bambi92

Yesterday while we were waiting at the vet with Dozer there was an older lady there with I'm assuming it was her daughter and there cat she walked passed Dozer and he went to sniff her and she acted as if he bit her hand off then she went on to say she was attacked by 3 big dogs but it was her fault so me being me had no sympathy for her.

There was a beautiful husky inside waiting would of been about 6-8months old and all he wanted to do was say hello to everyone and everything there lol so friendly and the first thing she said when seeing him was "I don't like those husky dogs they aren't good with kids" that comment annoyed me then went on to say "I don't like those husky dog they are directly related to a wolf and wolves are very dangerous and that makes huskies vicious and they will attack unprovoked" she pretty much put every big dog she seen into the 'dangerous dog' category even though they were clearly friendly!

She even did it to an old GSD the dog didnt even go near her and she made a fuss about it saying that dog better be on a leash and the guy that had the dog said "give her a kiss" and we laughed the lady standing near her with a shar pei laughed and said "I offered her one too but she didnt want the slobber" haha I couldn't help but laugh when they said it!

Why do people put dogs in that category when they don't know the dog and clearly don't know the breed grrr it annoys me!

Haha, I haven't had anyone assume my dog is vicious though they tell me he looks evil.  :wtf:

I would actually consider them to be the most trustworthy breed I've ever met, I would never freak out having my face up close to my dog while giving him a chest scratchy.

He is not at all intimidated by it, his expression tells me he's enjoying it :)

She said she was attacked by big dogs in the past. That's probably why she's acting over the top, she's got no excuses for the childish and rude comments though.

Edited by emma1979

She said she was attacked by big dogs in the past. That's probably why she's acting over the top, she's got no excuses for the childish and rude comments though.

That's right. There was 4-5 of us listening to what she was saying and we all had the same reaction. There was no need for her comments on others dogs that were there she had something to say about every dog there. if she is so scared of dogs why go to a vet with your daughter? Simple solution don't go where sick animals have to go.

Unfortunately its just one of those things people are rude and ignorant etc. We just have to be the bigger people and ignore it :) I walked past a women once who seemed terrified and her husband told me she was attacked by dogs so i made sure mine were out the way when she went past. That women in the vets though was being rude in my opinion so that isn't on but there isn't alot you can do about it.

Moved into Steam room BTW

Perhaps because here and there silly dog magazines puts pics of muzzled "dangerous dogs" huskies and mals on their front pages. Stupid people watch pics and all the puzzles in their heads start making sense. :(

BTW I loved that comment from a sharpei, made me laugh and I bet it let bad emotions out then! :)

Unfortunately its just one of those things people are rude and ignorant etc. We just have to be the bigger people and ignore it :) I walked past a women once who seemed terrified and her husband told me she was attacked by dogs so i made sure mine were out the way when she went past. That women in the vets though was being rude in my opinion so that isn't on but there isn't alot you can do about it.

Moved into Steam room BTW

Thanks for moving it I thought I put it in there lol

We were all nice enough to stand away from her (we were standing outside at first because it was busy) and ignored her except for the comment of give her a kiss. But the stupid thing was she kept coming towards the GSD and walked passed the shar pei and wondered why they were trying to sniff her to say hello.

Perhaps because here and there silly dog magazines puts pics of muzzled "dangerous dogs" huskies and mals on their front pages. Stupid people watch pics and all the puzzles in their heads start making sense. :(

BTW I loved that comment from a sharpei, made me laugh and I bet it let bad emotions out then! :)

The comments made me laugh which I needed with everything else that went on that day lol

The media need to do there damn research before they make people think bad about dog breeds that's why I don't magazines and things like that except for ones that don't mention anything about breeds and animals in general unless its a good s story about them

Some people have beliefs.

and insist on informing everyone around them of those beliefs.

even if they are wrong, misguided, stupid or dumb.

and. . . 

she's also the sort that loves being the center of attention.

Some people have beliefs.

and insist on informing everyone around them of those beliefs.

even if they are wrong, misguided, stupid or dumb.

and. . . 

she's also the sort that loves being the center of attention.

That sums her up perfectly lol

walking up the beach on sunday i heard the word "vicious" i said jokily to the guy "did you say viscious? pah they cant bite their own dinner- at which point, boy dog jumped about and made the bird grumble then bobbins kicked off and started on him ffs! :redface1:  :oops

I had to change Vader's vet for a similar reason.  The tech was afraid of him and would not get near him.  Made him snap at the vet.  I had to hold him on 2 separate occasions because her fear set him off.  She made a big deal and talked loudly how she hated that breed and they were just mean.  I am sure Vader reinforced the mean for her but he was going off her fear.  I actually like the mean look he has.  It helps keep people away :P .  Most are ignorant to the yellow ribbon.

I think some people just assume because of what they hear on tv or movies... Although wrong and they need to do research people will automatically just go off what they hear on the internet of tv (which is why most people want to ban pittbulls period, even though if trained correctly and with love they are just as friendly as any other dog) but they get bad press so most people just assume they are mean and terrible breeds.

We were chatting to someone in the pub with our lot with us a couple of weeks ago an the person said to me very knowledgably "they're descended from wolves aren't they". He didn't stay much longer chatting after I looked him in the eye an said pointedly. "Nope, not in the least, they're all dog" lol he looked puzzled for a moment an said "oh I thought they all were, so they're not then? Non at all?" To which I responded.. "Nope. Not at all.. Just dog. No wolf" (fixed stare big wide smile) at which point he shrugged an left rather disappointedly lol

I had to change Vader's vet for a similar reason.  The tech was afraid of him and would not get near him.  Made him snap at the vet.  I had to hold him on 2 separate occasions because her fear set him off.  She made a big deal and talked loudly how she hated that breed and they were just mean.  I am sure Vader reinforced the mean for her but he was going off her fear.  I actually like the mean look he has.  It helps keep people away :P .  Most are ignorant to the yellow ribbon.

i think vader is beautiful not mean looking lol :) but i'm a crazy husky lady so that's probably why