Off Leash Dogs!

Rachel-Phoenix

So freaking pissed off right now!

Took Phoenix and Ruby to the oval we use at Breakwater for GDSG and some idiot runner was running around the complex with his two dogs which were off lead. The charged at Phoenix and Ruby not once, not twice but three times as he ran around the oval and only one of those times was through the damn fence. The third time his little jack russel was running around us and annoying both dogs so much that even Phoenix was trying to get it and Ruby was starting to act up so I literally had to hold her half up in the air until this moron slowly walked over literally took him at least 5mins to come and collect his damn dog.

When he finally got his dog, who he ended up having to pick up since he still couldn't get it to move away and didn't seem to have a leash for it he said "sorry" and walked off. He would have been a lot sorrier if the dogs had gotten their way. Luke said afterwards he was tempted to just let Phoenix go to teach the guy and his dog a lesson but we don't want Phoenix to get into trouble.

Lost my temper after that, I am surprised I managed to hold it so long. Calmed both dogs down and then decided to come home. Don't think we will be going out at 4pm again, especially not to that oval complex if that moron is there.

Ruby has confidence issues around other dogs so this situation did not help. The only good thing I guess was that the dog was not being aggressive, he was just being a pest and wasnt respecting the warning growls or Phoenix and Ruby's space. This is what Ruby did tonight to one of our caribiners that was on the 8m leash that not even Phoenix had broken. Thankfully we caught her before she could run off or hurt those damn dogs. Ended up having to thread the 8m leash through her collar ring just so she could have a run around on the oval like we planned originally.

post-8923-0-67871000-1364971488_thumb.jp

Was that caribiner sold to you for holding a dog? It looks like one that you might hang keys from your trousers but nothing more. I would only use a proper caribiner, which you could hang off a rock face with.

I have a couple of terriers that try to attack Storm on the park on occasions, and they work as a team to do so! It was a big issue a couple of months ago, but the owner has recognised the issue with his dogs and does keep them a little more under control now. Still have to watch out for them though.

Oh wow Ruby has a lot of strenght. I'm tempted to let go off the leash sometimes as well but not worth the trouble for dog xx

Met owner like that on Sunday. He had two labradors, one started barking at us from 10 m distance, eventually after staring at his dog for 2 minutes he leashed it. We had to walk the same way on stairs, that's when the chocolab started acting up. Hair on his back up and the guy just stood 3 m from his dog and didn't bother walking down to get it, so I had to take it up to him by the collar. As Ghost got close the dog started barking at G, so I looked at the guy who didn't really care and after a minute he came 5 steps to me to grab his dog's collar.

I told myself I won't speak with owners like this guy. I just glare at them and curse on the way I leave.

People like that annoy me.

I try to avoid dogs that are off leash because Sasha has issues with dogs approaching her if there barking or running at her.

It's hard with Ruby having those issues, Sasha is like that too it doesn't help them at all when owners don't control there dogs.

Well done for keeping your cool. :)

As Steve said that carabiner doesn't look like a load bearing carabiner.

We use 3 that look like this.

They have a weight / strength rating which shows how many pounds of pull it can hold.

post-1354-0-96773200-1364984079_thumb.jp