Are Rope Toys Safe For Huskies?

Anthony James

Mine play with them.  Supervised.  They have destroyed several and we just throw them away.  We get them for free from Vader's vet.  They play tug of war with us and each other on occasion.  I recommend supervision so they don't bite through it and swallow big chunks of the fibers and have tummy problems.

My pup does not get them. But that's because she will eat them. One like the one you posted above might take her awhile to destroy, but I would never let her have one unsupervised as they can cause blockages and torsion in the intestines if they eat too much of the string.

I used to let mine play with rope toys, but not anymore.  Yukon likes to eat stuff too, and I found that he was eating all of the string and would puke it up in the middle of the night.  Sometimes I will bring some out for a little while but I always put them away if I am not playing with them.

Kodiak loves his rope tuggies. We bought him a huge one last week. It's got to be at least 1m long! He doesn't really try and eat the bits that fall off but he doesn't have it when we aren't in the house just in case :)

Edited by Devildust76

Yeah, my three destroyed several.

In one case Echo GSD ate some of the string .

Having to assist it coming out the other end is not fun. :eek:

Yep but im like Andy i had to pull some out the other end quite a few times!!! I have got a couple of Tugz toys Louise makes they havn't managed to destroy those as of yet they have had them since december... the one you have bought there i would give it a lifespan of about an hour tops with mine lol

• 3 weeks later...

I  used Booda brand knotted rope. The strands are Floridated and act as dental floss. Supervision is a must! Average time at play for mine is three to five minutes no more, they get bored and try to find other enjoyment. The Flouride helps in cavity  prevention and it's also minted so the breath is also freshened. I always take it away when I see they're losing interest and put it up for the next day. Great opportunity for interaction and bonding with your furry friends and a free dental treatment simultaneously!

Carmen OFM