What Is Your Dogs Favorite Thing To Stick In Their Mouth

CARRINGTON

When we go for walks or just outside to use the bathroom since I live in a college town there is alcohol, cigarette butts, and food everywhere, plus other things like glass. However, Balto always tries to go for the alcohol and cigarettes when outside. When inside the house he likes to chew on the bed or wood which we stop him but I mean really and he LOVES to help clean out of the cat box of poop (now the door is shut but boy does he try)?? What about you what does your dog like to stick in their mouth that isn't food?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Echo likes to play with dirty laundry :facepalm:  it is ridiculous! Meeka will chew on anything she can get her mouth on. Larka chews on her cage. Cherokee chews on anything that is wood including their bedroom wall trim :arghh:  Which we have decided to replace and redo have the wall in tile so she cant chew it :lolman:

Paper. Cloth. Tissue. Pretty much anything soft. 

She doesn't chew on wood furniture anymore, but she'll pick up a stick and walk with it outside. She is not interested in cigarette butts for some reason, even though they are paper. They must offend her sensitive nose.

She does love her some beer though. I've come downstairs more than once to find she's knocked one of OH's beer cans off the coffee table and is lapping up the few drops that were still in the can.  :wacko:

Paper. Cloth. Tissue. Pretty much anything soft. 

She doesn't chew on wood furniture anymore, but she'll pick up a stick and walk with it outside. She is not interested in cigarette butts for some reason, even though they are paper. They must offend her sensitive nose.

She does love her some beer though. I've come downstairs more than once to find she's knocked one of OH's beer cans off the coffee table and is lapping up the few drops that were still in the can.  :wacko:

balto likes some paper if he is in the mood and thinks that it sounds good. Balto is also always trying to eat a stick or roots from plants if he can get to those but the roots are dropped from his mouth. Does she go after like toilet paper

I've trained Ro to "leave it," so he's become quite good about not even trying to pick things up anymore. But when he was more puppish, he use to pick up sticks, leaves and the occasional shoe or glove we'd find along the way. Inside the house is pretty much the same, I was blessed in that area...usually only took once to tell him not to chew or pick up something and he'd never touch it again. 

It's not common, but every so often, you realize they listen. lol

Kodi loves to steal our socks from the laundry basket! He runs around like a loon with them then squeezes himself under our bed which is no mean feat considering his size! I found 6 different socks under there the other day. And there was me blaming the washing machine!!!

Kodi loves to steal our socks from the laundry basket! He runs around like a loon with them then squeezes himself under our bed which is no mean feat considering his size! I found 6 different socks under there the other day. And there was me blaming the washing machine!!!

Balto used to steal our socks but for some reason he no longer touches them

I've trained Ro to "leave it," so he's become quite good about not even trying to pick things up anymore. But when he was more puppish, he use to pick up sticks, leaves and the occasional shoe or glove we'd find along the way. Inside the house is pretty much the same, I was blessed in that area...usually only took once to tell him not to chew or pick up something and he'd never touch it again. 

It's not common, but every so often, you realize they listen. lol

Balto knows leave it, he just decides if he is going to listen to it, which he usually does except for alcohol and cigarettes then forget it. Or the cat

Balto knows leave it, he just decides if he is going to listen to it, which he usually does except for alcohol and cigarettes then forget it. Or the cat

I'm a real mean mum as I won't allow Mia to chew the cat, lol!

He's still very young, give him time and consistency pays off [usually, I can think of a couple things where it does no good with Ro lol].

Shadow LOVES toilet roll tubes! He always goes into the bathroom in search, he won't bother if there's still tissue on it but he's always loved the empties! At the moment Suki loves everything! Lol

Kodiak loves loo roll tubes too. They are forever being shredded in our bedroom when he can get hold of one!

Chula steals socks, which is why she gets no access to the bedroom except her night time crate. We once had to pull one out of her throat. She doesn't seem to try to swallow them unless she sees us coming to take it from her.

Chula steals socks, which is why she gets no access to the bedroom except her night time crate. We once had to pull one out of her throat. She doesn't seem to try to swallow them unless she sees us coming to take it from her.

That is how Balto is he will chew on things but once he sees us he tries to swallow but we rip things out of his mouth

Our Kallie loves Tim Horton coffee cups! :pawprint:  No other type for her! It is weird as she really hates the smell of coffee, :rofl: .  Will carry one around for days then shred it up. And bugs, beetles, bees and any other crunchy critter. Problem with that is she usually gets stung quite badly. Last fall she got bit by a brown recluse spider after diving into a pile of leaves after it. That was frightening as she swelled up so far we had to go to the vets for a shot. :huskyfall: Now we keep baby Benadryl around, just in case.

:bouncy:

Echo . . her ball

Darwin . . . any kind of twig or stick

Daughtry. . . erm nothing