The Hairy Diaries

Applebear

Day one: I had been warned, but no one could have prepared me for the reality. Huskies. Hair. And lots of it. I feel like I can't breath, eat or sleep without a hair flying up my nose or in my mouth. Dinner laced with a loose hair...it only becomes worse when you stop getting grossed out by it and just pick it off and continue eating. What have I become? Where has my humanity wandered? 

I was always one of those people, that didn't care if her pet shed...a lot of hair? No big deal. That was until I met a husky.

Day two: I'm swimming in it. I tried to escape today by going to a friends, when I realized it was still there, hitching a ride on my clothes! I can't run. I can't hide. What is to become of me?

Day three: I tried a curry brush to get the beasts coat under control. Nothing. He still sheds great amounts. I tried a warm bath with the brush and still, the dog should be bald by now...but he's not. Oh no, he's not. He just. keeps. shedding.

Day four: I have gotten lint brushes, curry and pin brushes, combs, deshedders and slicker brushes. I see a little improvement, but he's still shedding enough to knit sweaters. But hope, perhaps...do I dare dream? 

Day five: I decided to try a rake brush against the animal. I have been brushing and combing him every day to try to win the battle...but every single day, there is new hairs to fight. I pulled out my mighty rake brush and bravely dug it into his coat. His tail wagged, his tongue flapping...the beast was clearing taunting me, but I didn't stop. I kept brushing and hair just kept coming out. The mighty creature flopped to his side in defeat...he knew it was pointless to fight, mommy was on a mission from hell and there was no stopping.

This is the most hair I've seen come out of him, and I think...maybe, but only maybe....I have found a routine that will help the fight against hair. The rake brush and slicker brush have become allies, along with a vacuum cleaner. Together, we shall find peace!

[Yes. I have no life.] 

You're day isn't complete unless you find a husky hair

in an unexpected place.

LOL I get to work and people start brushing me down :o

lol I've had dogs most my life and never thought about the hair until Ro. I didn't groom past dogs even half as much as I do Ro, and he still outsheds them all combined. I can relate to all of the above...washed clothes or blankets that come out of dryer still covered in hair, touching stuff while out at a store and leaving Ro's dna behind. Oh and one of my biggest peeves, like Stormy, getting out of the shower and having hair on you. I'm like REALLY?

I have a black and brown rug under my kitchen table, it's like a husky hair magnet, I can vacuum it one day, the following day you can't tell I even touched it.  My sister came over and said, omg.....when is the last time you vacuumed this rug,   just yesterday.....I do it every 3 days, and not once did it NOT need it ... lol,,,,,, and how about this, in my truck, I cover the passenger seat with a sheet, so when Juno is going for a ride with me it keeps the seat clean?  well,   I had to remove it the other day and thought, ok why did I put a sheet on here?? LOL  hair hair and more hair.....have to love these huskys !!!!!

I have a black and brown rug under my kitchen table, it's like a husky hair magnet, I can vacuum it one day, the following day you can't tell I even touched it.  My sister came over and said, omg.....when is the last time you vacuumed this rug,   just yesterday.....I do it every 3 days, and not once did it NOT need it ... lol,,,,,, and how about this, in my truck, I cover the passenger seat with a sheet, so when Juno is going for a ride with me it keeps the seat clean?  well,   I had to remove it the other day and thought, ok why did I put a sheet on here?? LOL  hair hair and more hair.....have to love these huskys !!!!!

I always like to make trails in my carpet before vacuuming it all...makes it more fun. lol Oh goodness, I know what you mean about the vehicle...I tried putting a cover on the seat, but it manages to get everywhere anyway. So I just gave up. I'll go to grocery store where they still have people take your groceries to your car for you, and I'll open the door and cringe when they see my lovely red dog hair seats...you want to put your food on top of that? Might as well, won't be first or last time I pick a hair out of my dinner. lol  :facepalm: