Sick Puppy

We aren't sure what happened but last night Ruby started to cough up white bile. Continuously. She had us up at 2:30am last night because it just kept going and going so we got her up and brought her out for a drink and so I could do a little research. What I read was that it could either be because of an empty stomach or Kennel Cough.

We gave her food and she gobbled that down and it seemed to help, an hour later when we were all back in bed she started up again, I turned on the light to look at her and she stopped, lay down etc so it seemed that she was almost doing it to get our attention.

This morning it was still happening, on and off and not continuously so I am not sure what is going on now. Any ideas?

I would call the vets our vet also told us how to check for

Kennel cough is by pushing not hard where your dogs voice box or on their throat and

If they cough or sneeze it is a sign they could have kennel cough and need to be called to be further evaluated

Ruby has been found to have a cold.

Once that discovery was made I was surprised I hadn't thought about it sooner. She comes from a tropical climate in Queensland and she is now living in southern Victoria where it is quite cold. All the other Siberians down here have started to get their winter coats, but she hasn't.

We moved her into the lounge room with her crate, it is less drafty in here and the heater is in here as well. i have ham broth that I made a few months ago defrosting in the sink, cooked rice cooling on the bench and some pumpkin steaming on the stove.... she isn't spoiled at all...