The Great British Class Calculator

Dunc

I'm 'Traditional Working Class'. No surprise there! 

I tried it again with the household income we used to have and it came out at 'Technical Middle Class'. I'm surprised that they think a household income of £25-30k is middle class! 

Mine is:

New affluent workers

This class group is sociable, has lots of cultural interests and is in the middle of all the class groups in terms of wealth. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

• Are young
  • Come from a working class background
  • Own their own home

How are the mighty fallen. If I had done the questionnaire 10 years ago when both I and Terry were still working, we would have been "Established Middle Class" - 10 years on, Terry can't work through disability and I'm retired and we are now mere "Emergent Service Workers" - the shame..... the shame............

Seriously though - what a crock of pseudo-sociological pooh!

Result: the class group you most closely match is:
Traditional working class

This class group scores low for economic, social and cultural factors, but they do have some financial security. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

• Own their own home
  • Are older
  • Tend to mix socially with people similar to themselves

Technical middle class

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Technical middle class

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

OK you can sit with me at camp ;)

OK you can sit with me at camp ;)

Fanx mate I'm honoured. . .I fink :P