Why Not To Shave Your Double Coated Dog

It still amazes me how many people ask or actually shave their huskies.  How awful!  They think they are doing them a favor but it is so much worse for them. I used to feel bad that they had all that fur in the summertime, but it also helps them in the heat as well as the cold. 

It still amazes me how many people ask or actually shave their huskies.  How awful!  They think they are doing them a favor but it is so much worse for them. I used to feel bad that they had all that fur in the summertime, but it also helps them in the heat as well as the cold. 

I agree. I have seen some huskies completely shaved in the summertime when I lived in Georgia. Yes its hot there, but come on. If you take care of their coat, the long fur doesnt affect them at all.

I had to shave a small spot on my dog, because there was a rough spot that was aggravating her and she chewed it raw. Its gone now after ive been treating with neoporin. But there is a huge difference between a 1 inch spot and a full body shave.

I also heard that when you shave a husky there is a chance that their coat wont grow back the same quality.