Skye's Fear Of Baths

Stormy

I think the issue is because she rolled in fox poo so we hosed her down with freezing cold water and ever since that day she has been scared of the hose pipe etc and clearly today the shower head...

Any ideas how i can get Skye used to being bathed etc again she was fine as a pup :) Basically she would NOT get in the shower atall ... the bath also after this 

We are thinking perhaps me and rob both try with her and get some toys etc :)

I tried that with Suka, and it didn't work. Granted, he didn't like water when we got him either. We even tried to associate the bathtub with good things (ie: treats), but it didn't work...he's smart enough to know we're trying to trick him into getting wet!! :(

To be honest...if I was a dog and if you soaked me in freezing cold water (for whatever reason), I wouldn't want to have baths either!! 

I wash Ro in the shower, as it's the only way...don't have a tub. :) I'm trying to think if I did anything special, but I don't think I did...in fact, I think I just pushed him in and then praised the hell out of him the entire time. Lots of baby talk, "Oh what a super good boy you are..." It probably helped I was having to bath him like twice a week for the first 6 months because of a horrible bout of mange we were fighting, it just became routine for him and it wasn't something I could slack on, put off to another day. Now he just walks in as easy as he hops in a car. 

Maybe try getting in the shower first and lure her in with lots of praise and treats? 

As you can see by the grin on his face, he's fine with it...sometimes they need the extra nudge to see it's not so bad.

post-8098-0-46788100-1365195189_thumb.jp

Echo hates the hose,shower and baths

I think she's aquaphobic :P

I'd bribe her with treats. Get her in the shower/bath and treat her a few times. If you have a faucet just let water pour from it. Is she fine (relatively calm)? Treat. The more often you give trests the higher probability she'll stay there. Get hold of the shower head and let her sniff it. Treat, let water out the shower head while she tries to get treat out of your hand, apply water and be prepared to get watered. You may need lots of treats.

Ghost runs when he sees vacuum cleaner but will undergo being vacuumed if there are treats... (I'd force it on him without them as well but I feel bad then.)

Ace doesn't seem  to mind baths but Cj does not like them at all. I have to lift her into the shower/tub....luckily we have glass doors and can close her in. Only thing is we kind of get a bath in the process too! :D