Guns Don't Kill People News Clipping

CARRINGTON

:lmao::doglaugh:

Guns are simply a tool which people use to kill people.

Very amusing, but I don't really think that the kind of mass killings that have been seen in the US are a matter for humour. (Not that we in the UK are immune from gun crime). Everyone knows that people kill, not guns, but what guns do is allow people to kill more victims, more efficiently and in a shorter time. Check out this list of school shootings in the US, and try to imagine what the difference might have been if the perpetrators had only had access to non-firearms. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

There is no doubt that increased gun control would have saved hundreds of young lives. 

Very amusing, but I don't really think that the kind of mass killings that have been seen in the US are a matter for humour. (Not that we in the UK are immune from gun crime). Everyone knows that people kill, not guns, but what guns do is allow people to kill more victims, more efficiently and in a shorter time. Check out this list of school shootings in the US, and try to imagine what the difference might have been if the perpetrators had only had access to non-firearms. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

There is no doubt that increased gun control would have saved hundreds of young lives. 

The shooting at the Connecticut school the gun control laws were one of the stricest in that state yet he gained access to a gun. I think if people honestly want to kill others they will get a gun by any means. Although guns and drugs are not the same a comparison can still be made. Heroine, meth, etc is illegal but yet it is taking lives every day and we already have strict laws on drugs considering incarceration in America has tripled since Clinton's presidency. So even if guns laws are stricter which if you look at state laws where many shootings occur they have very strict gun laws but just like someone doing heroine wanting to get high they will find heroine any way they can just like someone wanting to kill will find a gun or anything else any way they can. Also most cases of

People shooting others are linked to mental disorders, so I don't think it is gun laws that is the problem as the fact that most people knew something was wrong but did nothing to make sure they were taking meds or receiving the

Type of treatment needed. There have been plenty of

crimes in the past of people using bombs. There are plenty of people out there who can use guns correctly and cracking down on gun laws for those who can use them because of people who would get them regardless of laws we need to address bigger issues such as the mentality of

Those who shot up schools and others and why no one was checking on them.

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/worst-school-massacre-in-us-history-did-not-involve-guns/

IMO, I think the problem is more to do with the lack of background checks, the lack of concern for mental health/poverty, and the American culture in general. It's a sticky situation to be in - criminals won't care about stricter laws/control.

I don't mean to offend; but that's kinda obvious. Of course a bomb would kill more people (properly placed) than a gun - that's like comparing apples to oranges.

I don't mean to offend; but that's kinda obvious. Of course a bomb would kill more people (properly placed) than a gun - that's like comparing apples to oranges.

None taken. I'm just pointing out that if there's a will to do it, psychos will commit mass murders with or without guns.

None taken. I'm just pointing out that if there's a will to do it, psychos will commit mass murders with or without guns.

and my point was that psychos can be much more effective where guns are available relatively easily!