Yukon's Freak Out

Jay

Something similar has happened before, but sometimes, randomly Yukon will see something, whether it be a shadow, his reflection, or what and perk up and just stare at it.  He will then start barking at it for a good 5 minutes.

This morning we were going upstairs so I could get ready for work, go to my room and Yukon stops dead in his tracks and starts barking like mad.  I look over and a laundry basket full of towels is sitting on my bed.  I go to get it and show him its only towels, and he backs away from me and starts barking some more like it is a monster or something out to get him!  I wish I would have gotten it on video!

He has done that before too.  Sitting on the couch watching TV all of a sudden he will perk up and start barking at the wall!  Goofy balls!  Or he has seen his reflection in the patio door, that gave him a scare too!

When i took Meeka to the vet for her leg we had to stand outside for 5 minutes before the vet opened up and she could see her reflection in the window and she was barking and stalking and growling like crazy lol she still does it if she sees her reflection in the mirror!! I love it it is so cute..But i believe my moms dog has seen ghosts before because she was dead asleep on the floor and just jumped up walked to the corner of the room stairing at the cieiling and started growling and barking uncontrollably

Huh - weird! I know mine has done weird things, like he'll be all quiet for and seem to stare into nothing. It turns out he was just hearing things happening outside (ie: door slamming and thinking one of his 'pack' coming home). 

I've showed him a mirror just to see what he'd do. He just stared at it, smelled it, and then ignored it. Probably knew it wasn't a real dog - it didn't smell like one! :P

Odd. Balto freaked out really bad only one time and that was when I was getting a little table lamp that sits on top of our TV stand and moved it to the window so I could get the cat and baby gate her in the other room. Well I left the lamp on the window sill and later that night all heck got out of hand. He was barking and growling at it and when I went to move it he freaked out and ran and hid. He has never really done it since then, but it was so odd.

Glala once freaked out because a chair was standing in the middle kitchen instead of under the table  :mellow:​ Glala was very excited to see me, but didn't had the courage to run from the garden where she was, through the kitchen past the chair to me. She was acting as if there was some invisible fence or something. She was genuinely scared of that chair, lol.