Want To Start Pulling Training

Jemzy

Yep looks good.

Never let them pull

Rigs, canicross, bikejoring etc on the normal neck collar or neck ring.

It puts a lot of strain on the neck and possibly the throat depending on what type of harness you use.

Any ring from the shoulders backwards is ok. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep looks good.

Never let them pull

Rigs, canicross, bikejoring etc on the normal neck collar or neck ring.

It puts a lot of strain on the neck and possibly the throat depending on what type of harness you use.

Any ring from the shoulders backwards is ok. :)

I will hold off using it then until I can afford a new harness for him just to make sure.  The one ive got doesnt go onto his neck at all but the rings come up behind his neck....will keep that one for walkies :)

YAAAAY! My Walkydog is here but BOOOOO.....Nicko needs a new harness and I need a bike helmet before we can use it  -_-

Awesome and wise precautions.

Try to find a route where there are as few cats, squirrels and other people with dogs as you can.

Less distractions, the better the ride. :up:

hey, i go biking with my husky 4 times a day for at least an hour each time. All i done was hook her up and she soon learnt to pull.she loves it all i use is a doxloc harness and a smallish lead. all husky's have it built in them to run so they will learn to pick up eventually. :)  :pawprint:

post-9643-0-86244600-1365984980_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

all i did with my dog was hooked her up and walked around for a while with the bike so she got used to the weight and the idea that she was connected to a bike , i then started jogging with her and bike then eventually she got the hang of it, i use totally different words as she didn't get the whole gew and ha, i use over for right, forward for forward and LefT but making sure im saying the l and t high so she can hear me. she now travels an extract route and knows the way by her self, u will be suprised on how strong these dogs are and how fast they actually really can go i know i was when rogue was flying tho the air.

No matter what keep up with it every day and she will get it.

YAAAAY! My Walkydog is here but BOOOOO.....Nicko needs a new harness and I need a bike helmet before we can use it  -_-

You will love your Walky Dog. I used a Julius K9 harness with Cloud on my Walky Dog, and am planning on buying Alpine Outfitter trail harnesses for Yuki and Link. They even have side D-rings made for a bike attachment like the Walky Dog :D Let us see pics when everything arrives xx