How Do They Get Your Attention?

a7xAda

So, I was sitting in my recliner yesterday on the computer and Hurley jumped into her spot on the couch (I have a wraparound couch and the corner spot next to my recliner is the only spot she is allowed on) She started pawing at my arm and then tried to pull herself into my lap. I kinda pushed her back into her spot and went to rub her head, and she rolled onto her back, put her paws over her face and stretched out. She wanted a belly rub.

What does your dog do to grab your attention?

Echo sits staring at me making little whiny noises.

Daughtry shouts  "I want one"

Darwin makes small "Hurm" noises then Wooos at me then Barks.

It depends, lol. When it's time to get up for the day Keira will paw at my arm, and if I ignore that she'll howl at me then bark. Any other time of the day she will howl or bark at me to get my attention. If she's wanting in the kitchen for lunch or dinner then she will run to the baby gate separating the kitchen and laundry room from the rest of the house and then run to me and howl, then run back to the baby gate. She makes the funniest expressions when she wants something. I'll have to try and get some pics as soon as my camera is working again. :)

Sasha:  If she wants attention ( shes finally getting to the point where she'll ask ) will come over where I am and just set nicely.  If I ignore her for too long, or she wants out, she'll "whuff", if I continue to ignore her she'll outright bark at me!

Avalanche will come over and nudge my elbow for attention and sets by the door to go out - which makes it rough, cause he also just goes to the door to sit and watch outside....

Both of them will pace between me and the door when they "really have to go, dad!"

Bear slaps me, ice will either make one of his "I'm gonna eat ya" voices and then pounce on me or else he just sits and stares. Brooke just follows you around until you bend down to fuss her. She's the good mannered one! Lol.

He will woo, jump,nip, go get in the cat litter (which honestly he does when he has to go out even though he has potty bells he gets in the cat litter so we ask if he has to go potty and he does and as soon as we bring him back in he won't touch the litter till he has to go again), whines and paws us

Typically ours only try to get our attention at night while we are sleeping. I think they pace so we can hear thier tags....once we move they get real close and stare! If a don't get up they will smack my arm with a paw (high 5 style) :D Silly dogs!

I often say that Dime is one of those cool dogs that act like a spoiled little prince. Well that applies when he wanted attention as well LOL usually he would run to wherever I'm sitting at in full speed and then turn around to make me chase him. When he realize I'm not chasing him he'd come running again and turn around again :P a few minutes later he usually got tired and just sit in front of me, staring intensely into whatever is stealing my attention that time (usually it's my laptop LOL) :P 

Mia will paw at me, and if i push her paw away he will use her other paw to paw me, this can continue for several minutes and if i continue to ignore her she will bark at me!