Little Kids And The Witch

Applebear

I had just taken out the dogs. I put Knarly on the tie out just in front of my house, then I go off to the side of the yard with Ro on the giant flexi...Ro kicks it off by finding his pee spot. Right at this moment, 3 girls [GUESSING 8-9ish] walk by and Ro just squats to tinkle. Girls are giggling now, this is funny...good stuff, good stuff. I roll my eyes a little, but I'm smiling. 

They get to Knarly and by this time he's going nuts, barking and chasing at end of his leash...but I'm more interested in the girls who are a little too interested in him. Mind you, I'm RIGHT there and I'm actually a little shocked when one of them decides to stop and tease him, literally inches away. This entire time, both the other girls see my face had shifted from smiling to mother wolf, they were trying despritely to get the other girl to keep moving but she just can't help herself. I gave her less than 2 seconds to knock it off, calm but firm, "KEEP MOVING PLEASE." This snapped her out of it and she decided it would be wise to go with her friends who had been edging forward without her.

Now keep in mind, these are just children so I understand they are just being children...but what balls. lol I remember that age well and I would of NEVER messed with a dog, especially not in front of the owner who was like 10 feet away. Kids will be kids, but this is one of many reasons I insist on being present when my dogs go out. Teasing kids are the least of my worries, dogs are being stolen, injured and more...I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyhow...just venting, but seriously don't mess with my dogs. lol

I'm with you there, I don't know if you saw my thread earlier this week, it was about a young boy of about 6 who came into my garden and poked a stick at Mia through the bars of her dog run!!

I'm with you there, I don't know if you saw my thread earlier this week, it was about a young boy of about 6 who came into my garden and poked a stick at Mia through the bars of her dog run!!

Oh no Mia, I missed it! That just amazes me how far they take it, as I've had friends tell me stories of the same thing [sticking or throwing stuff through/over fence at dogs]. I never expect it because I am RIGHT there...but apparently common sense is becoming a thing of the past. I'm a pretty quiet person, so I think it surprised us both when I opened my mouth...but I'm not going to loose my dog because some little girl thought it would be cute to tease him and got herself bit.  

Apparently parents today do not teach their children manners!!! If I did that to a dog my butt would be so sore I couldn't sit for a day

Exactly. My parents taught me to respect dogs because they can and will bite if provoked. This girl was clearly oblivious to the dangers, not to mention the fact I was right there...I'm guessing her overall manners are pretty poor with both people and animals.

I had 3 boys bark at my 3 so I turned around n said keep winding them up n I'll let them off see what happens then! I know I probably shouldn't ov but they ent wound them up since :-) lol

It's hard to keep your cool. I'd rather them think I'm a cranky 'old' lady, than the latter. 

Innocent Little kids and the mean old Witch with the big dogs!

Hey, the dogs gotta get their protein somewhere...I find skittles leads the little darlings right to them. ;)