Week Of Sleepless Nights

huskylynz

Suki been with us almost a week now and still not quite settled on a night. I haven't left her alone with pip and shadow yet, as good as they are with her, she's so small compared to them and worry about her getting hurt, Pip can be a miserable so n so when she's going to sleep, nobody's allowed to move! Lol. I've been leaving her downstairs fenced in the hallway. She starts crying/howling/barking every hour or so. The other night she slept 4 hours with no noise then she started, I know it's probably best to ignore it and I do for as long as I can but my other half has to be up at 4 in morning and she keeps everyone awake so I have to go down to her.

Anyone have any tips for me to help her feel more settled on a night?

Sorry no, we've never had any problems like that with our guys.

I'm sure someone will have some wise words of wisdom to impart.

You'll have everything from

"A light tap with a baseball bat, works for me"

to 

"Half a valium keeps mine quiet at night."

LOL Just joking. :P

Skye sounded like she was being murdered for around 4 weeks or so at night lol i just ignored her sorry to say :( I set an alarm every so many hours to let her go to the toilet etc. I also have her upstairs in the bedroom for a couple weeks which is why i say 4 weeks as i started it all off again by moving her downstairs!

Just stick with where you want her to sleep :) 

As stormy said just keep going with it. Try not to go down stairs and stay with her after howling etc as she will soon learn that's all she needs to do for you to come. Then this may never stop!

Obviously you will have to take into account her needing to go to the toilet so as already said set an alarm for regular toilet breaks throughout out the night then once she has done her business return her to her place to sleep and go back to bed.

You both may benefit in getting some earplugs as the crying/howling could go on for some time. Just perserviere with it and it will eventually pay off :-) hope I've helped as best as I could. Best of luck.

I've never had a puppy so I can only tell you what I've read from various training websites, but I agree with these two posts above me :ditto: 

There is not much that I can add, but: you might want to talk to your neighbors that you have a puppy in training and there might be some noises in the middle of the night :) you might also need some earplugs, because you'll need that short hours of sleep x) good luck! 

Are you going to have her sleep with shadow and pip eventually? 

Yeah, was thinking maybe il put shadow with her because he's fine but pip doesn't let anyone on her bed and pup keeps trying to snuggle with her so Pip tells her off, she does it to Shadow but he's bigger lol. Shadow will be quite happy to let her cuddle with him :)

post-9099-0-24510500-1365445119_thumb.jp

But pip lets her cuddle sometimes...just not on a night! Lol

post-9099-0-99472900-1365445440_thumb.jp