Escaping

Stormy

Right Skye is starting to try dig herself out of the garden... for some reason she is really really interested in the barrier bit outside i will put pics after.

So my question is what should i do to prevent this? without it costing me alot of money as i honestly cant afford alot currently but i also dont want her escaping as she was getting close!!!

This is the hole she has just dug her head was through this

88E48963-93FE-49BD-A875-4B413D9E625A-488

I put some stones there for now

776DC964-CEE2-4A4C-A79F-3E70BAD2118F-488

How the bottom of the fence is everywhere

F980061D-FD6C-4E5B-BA6D-052BC0738200-488

C66115DB-F139-47E0-B6BA-E2AB2A9F525A-488

What she is really trying to get to i have no idea why i cannot see anything! It is upsetting her at night currently to!

63F8FED0-8E9C-415A-A018-EB3364809B8F-488

3C243FFE-B1DF-40F8-8BE2-98EB5C40DA1A-488

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could buy a roll of wire, attach it to the bottom of the fence with the wire coming back into the garden, but under the ground, so when she digs down she hits the wire and cannot get under the fence?

She is going mental to get out now! 

I just spoke to Rob about it we are going to ring Barrats as that bit behind us belongs to barratts still and they are meant to maintain it ... i think something may be living in there... also they were the ones who put our bottom of our fence on. Also we are the only house that that part attatches to we cant park our cars properly because the metal barriers swing so much they are at risk of hitting our own cars (they actually came down once!) so something needs to be sorted out.

For now i will be going out there with her.

I have a feeling it may be rats to.... oooo hope i dont see any thing they scare me! She wouldn't settle last night and she was VERY interested in that section i let her out thinking she needed a wee again but she went straight there... today she has been fine till around now i guess they all start to come out when it starts getting darker!! She will not settle now atall! She was crying for ages last night! Oh the joys lol

Rats are not good, we had them coming into our garden years ago, we had chickens st the time so they were coming for their food. The council came and sorted it but it did take a few weeks.....I don't envy you if that's what it is, poor Skye it must be tormenting her! :(

It is tormenting her... and then she is driving me insane at the same time! 

Its so annoying the bit thats there Barratts are trying to get the council to take it over to turn into a roundabout/entrance to our road (we are the end house) where as currently its all blocked off with those barriers but attatched to our fence at both sides. Council keep saying no apparently and barratts are meant to maintain it.... but i have seen them once in about 2 months!

You could buy a tie out and stick it in the middle of your yard. I don't know how big your yard is, but buy the one with just enough length so she can just touch the fence with her nose, but she can't escape. That's what we have for Suka (yard isn't fully fenced in), and its worked wonderfully for 4 years. 

I suspect it could well be rats that are the cause of the issue.  We had some in the hedge of the back garden and Polee wouldn't keep away from the part of the hedge I suspect they were in.  She eventually caught one of them and that was the end of the problem as she unfortunately killed it.  Hope you can get Barrats to tidy the area.  Maybe if you mention that there are rats nesting in that area that may spur them into action

This is what is behind there, the first pic i took when i was walking the dogs the others i stood on my fence and took them. It stinks to! So i will not be surprised if there are rats! Im still waiting on Rob to send me details of who to ring etc atm. But i think this is disgusting!

BCEBDB73-DCD7-4450-960D-5C987E252E5B-535

BF34DEF9-039D-4A97-AAEF-20101FF35494-535

BF34DEF9-039D-4A97-AAEF-20101FF35494-535

EA6AF329-397D-452D-9C0D-B9F4B01CB3C1-535

32AE6BE5-A6BC-46BA-9BAA-638D9339C85F-535

3C625175-2168-4377-A95C-CECF15E79443-535

6FDDECB5-693D-478D-B4C4-C7D929C2AD81-535

NONE of that rubbish is anything to do with me, there are takeaway boxes etc about so must be food aswell in there!

I let Skye out at half 5 this morning (was working a 6 - 11 shift at work) and i was out there 10 minutes before she would finally go to the toilet as she was far to interested in the fence.... and again later on when we got back from our walk she again was still interested so its even in the day to and she started digging right in front of me! Shadow is also getting interested!.

Today is complaint day (after work) wish me luck :D Any tips???

Skye is getting worse out there now btw i was out there for almost half hour with her last night as she would not go to the toilet due to whatever is in there she was far to interested starting even trying to eat the fence! Think on lead from now on!

Update: 

Barratts got in contact with us and assured that someone will come and clear the area this week. A man has just turned up out there just now so lets see if they do it properly... its the same guy who normally comes to "maintain" the area. I will go and investigate it later to make sure its been sorted.