What Do You Do With Poo?

Stormy

So i am guessing you all have to pick up poo in the garden etc :) Anyway just wondering what you all do with it ?? Do you put it in to your normal bin etc?

I have emailed my council asking them what i should do.

Also found this: http://www.h2g2.com/approved_entry/A11998461 some of the answers on there are quite funny lol

We nappy bag ours.

That goes in a black sack.

That goes in the wheelie bin

That goes to landfill

When my hubby cleans up the yard, he usually puts it all in a pile at the very back of our property, where the chicken poo is...

However, he found this DIY project that involves digging a very deep hole, that's about a foot across, putting a piece of tube vertically into it (like a piece of plastic driveway culvert) and installing a lid on it. It's supposed to be like a doggy septic system, like they use for porta-potties that are dug into the ground.

Outside I just pick them up with a shovel and throw them over to the neighbour's yard - er, I mean - I throw them to the other side of the yard so they are out of the way, Suka can't reach them, and nobody can smell them (wind always blows in a favourable direction for everybody).

It's natural fertilizer, so all the grass and etc that grow there are really healthy and 'happy'! 

(No, seriously, that's what I do! I've never thrown crap in a neighbour's yard before...)

But, everywhere else, I pick them up in poo bags and throw them in the trash. 

When my hubby cleans up the yard, he usually puts it all in a pile at the very back of our property, where the chicken poo is...

However, he found this DIY project that involves digging a very deep hole, that's about a foot across, putting a piece of tube vertically into it (like a piece of plastic driveway culvert) and installing a lid on it. It's supposed to be like a doggy septic system, like they use for porta-potties that are dug into the ground.

That's brilliant. Did you struggle to get your dog to use it? I know with mine he'd forget to put the lid down after himself unless I reminded him repeatedly.

My dog poos go straight in the black bin in a food bag to go to land fill.

according to my mate who works for the bin men, its not supposed to go in the black bins, but i do it anyway.

Other wise i just take it round the corner to the park and dump it in the poo bin there. i look very strange walking around with a large sack of poop but makes me chuckle so i dont care lol

I did see someone go from their house with a carrier bag of poo and put it in the dog poo bin. i thought hmm i may do that.

That's exactly what I do, bag it up, put it into a carrier bag and take it with me when we go out for a walk and drop it in the red poo bin :)

Outside I just pick them up with a shovel and throw them over to the neighbour's yard - er, I mean - I throw them to the other side of the yard so they are out of the way, Suka can't reach them, and nobody can smell them (wind always blows in a favourable direction for everybody).

It's natural fertilizer, so all the grass and etc that grow there are really healthy and 'happy'! 

(No, seriously, that's what I do! I've never thrown crap in a neighbour's yard before...)

But, everywhere else, I pick them up in poo bags and throw them in the trash. 

What !!! Really ????

Doesn't your neighbour mind ??

That's brilliant. Did you struggle to get your dog to use it? I know with mine he'd forget to put the lid down after himself unless I reminded him repeatedly.

My dog poos go straight in the black bin in a food bag to go to land fill.

The dogs poop wherever, my hubby will put the poop in the hole when he gets it made.

I always told my next door neighbour since he has 2 dogs that if I tossed my 1 dogs poo over the fence that he wouldnt even know, LOL  I never did  but love to pick on him with that.  But I just put it in bags and toss it in the regular trash pick up.

ours go in carrier bags as with having 4, there's usually 4-8 "dollops" a day anyway :rolleyes:  then into the normal rubbish bin.

We once camped at a site where there was a doggy toilet; they supplied bio-degradable bags which you filled then threw in the "bin" and it was emptied once or twice a season as it decomposed. The only problem was, if the bags provided got wet, they stuck together & wouldn't open (no good in the rain) or if they pooped at the beginning of your walk, by the time you had got back (even a 10 min short toilet break first or last thing of the day), the bag had started to break down & cover you in it's contents :o

we pick ours up and then bary it along the fence because it keeps the pups from digging out

Thats interesting does that work???

ours go in carrier bags as with having 4, there's usually 4-8 "dollops" a day anyway :rolleyes:  then into the normal rubbish bin.

We once camped at a site where there was a doggy toilet; they supplied bio-degradable bags which you filled then threw in the "bin" and it was emptied once or twice a season as it decomposed. The only problem was, if the bags provided got wet, they stuck together & wouldn't open (no good in the rain) or if they pooped at the beginning of your walk, by the time you had got back (even a 10 min short toilet break first or last thing of the day), the bag had started to break down & cover you in it's contents :o

Lovely... lol