Mountain Biking & Pictures

Dave

So I decided recently that I wanted to take up a hobby & a sport, something to increase my fitness and get me out and about. Mountain biking was the top choice for me and my brother rather fancied it too.

We started off with a few cross country rides (10 miles ish) which were all good and well but lacked that 'excitement'

So we started going to trail centres at various locations, so far we have been to Cannock Chase Trails, Forest of Dean Trails and Swinley Forest Tails. These are absolutely brilliant fun and a great way to exercise. The trails are usually 10-14 miles in length and consist of uphill, downhill and twisty sections through the forest. Due to them being for mountain bikes only and having a one way system in operation you can relax, pedal away and have fun. I would highly recommend it!!

Here are a couple of pictures from our trip to Swinley Forest at the weekend:

post-2303-0-65331300-1365586070_thumb.jp

post-2303-0-25673900-1365586077.jpg

I have a few more pictures but I cannot get onto Facebook at work to get them :(

Shotover Park Oxford has a similar set up.

Although it's for the general public as well. :)

Great Pics, looks like you had a blast. :up:

The downhill sections are amazing... but because they are such fun I never remember to get the camera out and take some pictures... I just want to get to the bottom as quickly and smoothly as possible... with a couple of jumps of course lol

The downhill sections are amazing... but because they are such fun I never remember to get the camera out and take some pictures... I just want to get to the bottom as quickly and smoothly as possible... with a couple of jumps of course lol

You need a go pro :)

My mountain biking's been descending a bit over the last couple of years, only a few rides, which is a serious decline from 3 years ago when we were ridin almost evey day, but somehow i'm pumped to go again this spring. :)

Here's a little video me and a buddy made last year, nothing special.

My mountain biking's been descending a bit over the last couple of years, only a few rides, which is a serious decline from 3 years ago when we were ridin almost evey day, but somehow i'm pumped to go again this spring. :)

Here's a little video me and a buddy made last year, nothing special.

Will have a look at this when I get home :)

• 3 weeks later...

Around here Mt. biking is all about the downhill! I don't get out nearly as often as I used to but really should as I do miss "bombing" the hills! I'll have to see if I can find my photos from the Moab.