Ive Been Lied To About Luna's Vaccinations

emmaj87

i took luna for her lastest wormin and for a general health check, and the vet confirmed lunas vet paperwork was fake and she hadnt been vaccinated or wormed :-( i hve wormed her with medication the vets gave me and booked her vaccination number 1 for tomorow, but now i cant take her out- which i have been past month coz i thought she was vaccinated :-( on a plus side she weight 10.4 :-) which is aparently healthy for a 13week husky :-) i am not happy i paid for a un vaccinated dog but its done now so as long as i sort it then shes fine!! but i would love to go back to previous owner to say my bit right now but she isnt worth my time <br /><br />http://pdgf.pitapata.com/bBeM.png<br /><br />

Did they give you any paperwork to say she'd been vaccinated ?

If not then your Vet is obliged to assume she has not been vaccinated unless you can provide the paperwork..

Did they give you any paperwork to say she'd been vaccinated ?

If not then your Vet is obliged to assume she has not been vaccinated unless you can provide the paperwork..

she said above the vet says its fake

the breeder kept tellin me she had paperwork until the day we got luna she said she couldnt find it as her OH had misplaced it so she would send it through post and after me pesterin her she sent it through email :-( ill post a pic so u can see <br /><br />http://pdgf.pitapata.com/bBeM.png<br /><br />

that's awful, but seems to be very commonplace nowadays, they think they'll get more bucks saying the dog is vaccinated etc but have actually "saved" money by not bothering when it's only the poor pup that could suffer. At least you will have peace of mind that she will be covered now but you'll have to wait a few more weeks to go walkies

Faking the paperwork was sketchy for sure, but its just as well she wasn't. A lot of papers are coming out about the benefits of waiting later to start vaccinations and even if annual vaccines are needed at all.

We are going to start our pups on vaccinations at 9 weeks and recommend one year, and then none at all, except for those required by law. 

That is horrible!! This is why I never trust breeders in less i get to know them for a while and make sure they are legit about selling the dog adn their whole breeding process..i hope you all get it sorted out and she is still ok like she has been!

Faking the paperwork was sketchy for sure, but its just as well she wasn't. A lot of papers are coming out about the benefits of waiting later to start vaccinations and even if annual vaccines are needed at all.

We are going to start our pups on vaccinations at 9 weeks and recommend one year, and then none at all, except for those required by law. 

Interesting...Do you have any links to these papers? I'd like to read them. :)

There's this article. At the end there are a few links.

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/purdue-vaccination-studies/

This website also has information on contact people with info on vaccinosis.

http://leerburg.com/vaccinosis.htm

Thanks for those! The articles that were cited are relatively old (newest one is 10 years old), though, which makes me wonder if there is any updated information? 

Personally, I would still rather vaccinate Suka every year. To me its worth the small risk, especially because he comes into contact with dogs on a regular basis.

On the farm that my friend's CAS live on they had three dogs die of parvo and one survived. All of them had all their vaccinations and were up to date. The three unvaccinated CAS were completely unaffected and still have never contracted any of the things vaccines are designed to prevent.

Here is another interesting article.

http://www.dadamo.com/B2blogs/blogs/index.php/2005/12/28/emerging-infectious-diseases-caused-by-g?blog=14

On the farm that my friend's CAS live on they had three dogs die of parvo and one survived. All of them had all their vaccinations and were up to date. The three unvaccinated CAS were completely unaffected and still have never contracted any of the things vaccines are designed to prevent.

Here is another interesting article.

http://www.dadamo.com/B2blogs/blogs/index.php/2005/12/28/emerging-infectious-diseases-caused-by-g?blog=14

This is a common misconception. Vaccinations don't completely prevent a dog from getting the disease - it only lessens the symptoms and the duration of the disease (because the body has built up antibodies from the vaccination.)

It's very much like a flu shot for people - you can still get the flu, but the symptoms and duration of the flu will be less (and generally mortality rates will be lower as a result). 

And thanks for the other article - I'll read that soon.

EDIT: Oh, and what is 'CAS'?

Some dogs do not show symptoms (or they show only the symtoms that may be symptoms of a much more common problem). False negatives for parvo tests can happen as well. Did they get a 2nd opinion from another vet? 

In any case, I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your friend's dogs. :(

I had to get Skyes all re done at that age (i got her at 12 weeks) she had had her first vaccs but what the breeder failed to tell me was that the time inbetween had expired so it was to late to have her second one so she had to have the lot again! So she could not go out properly for a few weeks.