Would You Save Your Animals From A Fire?

CARRINGTON

Definetly, no questions asked doesn't matter how bad the fire was, we once had a discussion about this in class where a few people asked why i was willing to put myself in danger to save the pets, my answer was very simply ' because i know if the tables were turned and i was the one stuck inside in the fire, Kai would come to my rescue (dont think the chandu would but thats ok :D ) . They asked how i knew this and i said i just did, the bond shared between owner and animal is one where you know no matter what you would do whatever to keep them safe, whether its jumping into an ice cold river or running into a burning building either way i feel its what we owe them as they would save us if we were the ones inside.... Just my opinion though :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would do everything humanly possible to save Kodiak. We live in a 3 storey house and our bedroom is on the top floor and Kodiak sleeps on the ground floor. We have smoke alarms on all floors but I assume he would come to us at the first sign of trouble, seeing as he is such a 'daddies' boy :)

Because animals are lower to the ground , they would probably survive that bit longer than you. So, in that situation, the best bet would be to try and smash a door down and if the dog is alive it would probably run out.

Hope I never have to make that call

Years ago, due to a relationship breakdown, having to move back in with parents who are allergic to dogs, not being able to afford private rent & having no money (low paid job & paying CSA) I ended up having to rehome my dog. It's because of this I'm so anti-rehoming now (if it's for stupid reasons).

I had Sooty, a BC x GSD, she went to a friend of mine who moved to Southern Ireland. I had a phone call about a year later saying there had been a fire. Sooty had woken up the parents (who's bedroom was on the ground floor) & run upstairs barking to the boys bedrooms.

She ran outside with the father & one boy, then ran back barking at the 2nd lads bedroom door. The father got the 2nd lad out but Sooty got stuck in the house and died (a heroine) of smoke inhalation :eek: :cry1: :cry1:

I now live alone & my dogs mean everything to me, they are my friends and family.

No doubt about it, I'd go in & rescue them or die trying :huh:

If a dog can do that (Sooty), I'm damn sure they deserve the same of me ;)

Years ago, due to a relationship breakdown, having to move back in with parents who are allergic to dogs, not being able to afford private rent & having no money (low paid job & paying CSA) I ended up having to rehome my dog. It's because of this I'm so anti-rehoming now (if it's for stupid reasons).

I had Sooty, a BC x GSD, she went to a friend of mine who moved to Southern Ireland. I had a phone call about a year later saying there had been a fire. Sooty had woken up the parents (who's bedroom was on the ground floor) & run upstairs barking to the boys bedrooms.

She ran outside with the father & one boy, then ran back barking at the 2nd lads bedroom door. The father got the 2nd lad out but Sooty got stuck in the house and died (a heroine) of smoke inhalation :eek: :cry1: :cry1:

I now live alone & my dogs mean everything to me, they are my friends and family.

No doubt about it, I'd go in & rescue them or die trying :huh:

If a dog can do that (Sooty), I'm damn sure they deserve the same of me ;)

Wow that is an awesome story!!! #Team sooty!!!