Will It Stop Marking Territory?

HuskyGuerl

So I am getting Echo fixed soon and was wondering if it would help with his marking his territory?? That would be great if it would stop him!! lol just wondering if it was true what everyone says about the marking and being neutered my vet says it all depends on the dog but praying it stops!

It does depend on the dog, dogs that have been used as studs are harder to curb these tendencies than dogs that have never been used.  Dogs with more mellow mindsets will be easier letting go these marking desires than more alpha mentality dogs.

Thanks! I will definatly keep this in mind..I dont mind him marking but when he does it inside i HATE it lol

The only time Diesel ever did it inside (he's not neutered) was when there was another male dog in the house... hence why he's not allowed in my parents house--they have a male dog.

Outside, he has his favorite tree to pee on, but most of the time he squats to pee... hoping to get him neutered as soon as he's passed his waiting period of the heartworm treatment he went through.

I'm not going to be a lot of help....  Avalanche was neutered when I got him and he still marks.  My tires (er, tyres) look like they've been washed by a very inexperienced laundry man!

He did have a go of trying to mark in the house and any time I saw him start to cock a leg up he got startled with a "NO!" and I haven't even seen him lift a leg inside recently.  On walks, it's a toss up whether Sasha ( a female ) or he are going to irrigate the desert!

can't help you there. Luka has been neutered since he was 7 months old. he doesn't mark anything. He used to squat to pee but ever since we had a female foster dog he lifts his leg. LOL she made him a man!

LOL!  Nikko still doesn't lift his leg to pee at all.  He just stands there and lets it flow!

Yukon lifts his leg more than half the time, and he has since he was like 5 months old. His favorite thing to pee on is the shrub I just planted last year...don't think it's gunna survive!

It really depends on the dog.

Suka was fixed later in life, around 3 years old according to his health records. He still marks a LOT - I swear he lives for it! 

When he's at the dog park, his main priority is to mark every single tree, bush, and tall bushel of grass! Then he'll drink a lot of water so he can pee on those things all over again...

Though he's more of the dominant type, so that's probably his problem...

Echo knows better than to pee on tires my bf stopped him from that because it rotts them out..But Echo will just try to pee on EVERYTHING which is ok outside but when he starts it inside dear god it gets on my nerves!! and he has free roam of the house so i cant stand around like a hawk on him to watch his every move but when i see him lift that leg i smack the table and yell NOOOOOOOOO and he jumps sky high and looks like "what i aint suppose to do this inside? Ok whatever" and he will huff and walk of

I'm not going to be a lot of help....  Avalanche was neutered when I got him and he still marks.  My tires (er, tyres) look like they've been washed by a very inexperienced laundry man!

He did have a go of trying to mark in the house and any time I saw him start to cock a leg up he got startled with a "NO!" and I haven't even seen him lift a leg inside recently.  On walks, it's a toss up whether Sasha ( a female ) or he are going to irrigate the desert!

Echo will be three in September..He acts like he is dominant in public but he knows deep down that the girls rule him in the house lol..I dont mind that he marks on things just dont like the fact that once in a while he will do it inside...We can trust him to free roam the house when we are gone if it wasnt for him marking

It really depends on the dog.

Suka was fixed later in life, around 3 years old according to his health records. He still marks a LOT - I swear he lives for it! 

When he's at the dog park, his main priority is to mark every single tree, bush, and tall bushel of grass! Then he'll drink a lot of water so he can pee on those things all over again...

Though he's more of the dominant type, so that's probably his problem...

Echo will be three in September..He acts like he is dominant in public but he knows deep down that the girls rule him in the house lol..I dont mind that he marks on things just dont like the fact that once in a while he will do it inside...We can trust him to free roam the house when we are gone if it wasnt for him marking

If its any help, mine doesn't mark in the house. Not sure what he was like before being neutered though (as he's a rescue)

Rusty still has his naughty bits and marks every where outside.  He has had accidents in the house but stops as soon as he see's us.....not had any in years..  He does however mark the back of my mom and dad's sofa when I take him over there :huh: .  They don't know about it :oops: .  According to Vader's medical records he was fixed at 6 months old and he hikes his leg to potty and has had accidents in the house...not where Rusty had his.  Neither of my boys were inside dogs until living with me.  So we had to house break them as adults.  Both mine still mark their territory and I have one fixed and one not.