We Saved This Lad From The Pound Today

sharloid

I was looking at local dog rescues earlier and came across a gorgeous male husky in the local pound. He's like a big fluffy version of Kindra! I kept going back and looking at him. Due to being a poundie they didn't know any of his history or what he was like with other dogs. They believe he's 4-6 years old. 

Fast forward a couple of hours later and he's asleep at the OH's feet. :D

I had my sensible hat on. I contacted lots of rescues this afternoon to see if anyone could help. A lovely lady from a rescue got back to me and agreed to offer rescue back up, so he's here on a trial basis and if he doesn't fit in then they're able to take him ASAP. 

He seems fine with Kindra but has bared teeth and growled at Broder a few times. Giving warning is better than nothing. It's a big change for him so hopefully in time he'll learn to like them, but if it's not happening then the rescue are willing to step in and help. 

It's too dark to get any pictures now but I have some that the pound took. Meet Diesel: 

13_zpsd8468969.jpg 

15_zpsfc991657.jpg

He's really skinny and in need of a good brush. He'll be started on raw straight away. He seems really calm so far and just plods around, I'm sure he'll start to show his true colours when he settles in. 

I don't know if he's here to stay, but I'm glad we were able to get him out of the pound.

:o

He was found as a stray and no one bothered to come and pick him up. He's been in the pound for a few weeks. 

Here he is this afternoon: 

IMG_6810_zps7e66bc7e.jpg

We took him to get weighed and he's less than 20.5kg. That's less than Broder and he's a lot bigger. Poor lad. :( 

I second Louise, how the heck was this guy at the pound? Congrats on saving him <3

It sounds like he wasn't wanted and it came as a welcome relief when he vanished out of the door that was accidentally on purpose left ajar......... :angry: . I do hope this isn't what happened but it seems an all to commonplace thing these days when people realise the amount of time and effort that they have to put into looking after a husky.

Gary.