Do Your Dogs Love Certain People Being Around?

Bambi92

As the title says does your dog love having certain people around?

Sasha is in awe with my OHs cousin.

Eg: my OHs cousin came over last night and stayed the night, Sasha heard his car pull up and she was looking out the front window all excited and wooing we were out the front doing stuff to the car and she was inside when we were almost finished I went inside and Sasha wouldn't let me back out unless she came with me lol so I put her on the leash took her out and she run to him tail wagging and the biggest smile on her face (dragging me along behind her mind you haha) we all came inside and she doesn't leave him alone she will sit between his legs and make him pet her and play with him. She even gave him a kiss before she went to bed (you'd think he was her boyfriend the way she acts haha) Sasha got up this morning went out to the toilet came back in ran all excited to the lounge and realised he wasn't there so she went looking for him in the kitchen the toilet then looked out the front door. Now she is sulking and looks sad lol

Normally when Sasha meets people for the first time even if we let them in the house she will bark, sniff and be a bit distant at first then she will go to them and let them pat her if she likes them but with my OHs cousin she went straight to him, sniffed him and then wanted cuddles and wanted to play and since then she hasn't left him alone when he comes over.

Do your dogs do that with people other then you?

post-9013-0-75151800-1365814834_thumb.jp

Sasha sulking lol

I think I'm Suka's 'favourite person', he's always happier to see me than other members of my family. When I leave for school (my pattern is: at school for 2 months, come home for a week), Mom always says he sulks for a few days: he hangs around the front door waiting for me to come back. :(J

When I come home...he's so excited to see me he pees. He isn't as excited to see my brother, who is away for the same amount of time. :P

I've noticed he seems the most content when all of his pack is home (Dad, Mom, Brother, Me), though. 

Besides me, I would say his 2nd favourite person is my Mom. 

Chula loves my mother. Problem is she still is nipping a little so my mom doesn't love having Chula near her. But Chula will follow her around the house with her paws on my moms bum like a conga line or something. It's sort of ridiculous.

My girls flip when Megan (I think Sophie likes her the most) comes over but Maya really flips when she see's my other friend Julia. She's known Julia the longest though so that's probably it, lol. But they flip a little whenever anyone comes over, especially if they've seen them once before.

Rafeal loves anyone who is small or young.

He always goes up to children first and will be a lot more gentle with them (he acts like it's his duty to keep them happy).

At the vets he will go up to the kittens and pugs but tends to be less interested in larger dogs.

Mia loves my 14 year old, but I don't understand why, he is so dismissive of her but yet whenever they are in the room together Mia is next to him or asking him to fuss her. Whereas when the girls walk into the room she hardly bats an eye at them and my 13 year old walks her and the 8 year old is Mia's playmate. So really I would expect her to be silly with the girls and ignore my son!? Maybe she is trying to win him around!? Lol

Mia loves my 14 year old, but I don't understand why, he is so dismissive of her but yet whenever they are in the room together Mia is next to him or asking him to fuss her. Whereas when the girls walk into the room she hardly bats an eye at them and my 13 year old walks her and the 8 year old is Mia's playmate. So really I would expect her to be silly with the girls and ignore my son!? Maybe she is trying to win him around!? Lol

Haha Sasha does that to people she knows either don't like dogs or aren't interested in her, she just doesn't leave them alone until she gets what she wants lol

My OHs cousin isn't a dog person yet every time he comes here he says he wants to take Sasha home haha

Luna for some reason absolutely loves the clerk at our Rural King store (farming equipment/supply warehouse). She just goes nuts after that man. Lol its cute when she sees him, you can't keep her away. Its a good thing he likes her! He always greets her by name, and asks how his favorite white husky is doing. ...I really need to learn his name. Haha.