Getting A 3Rd Husky

Jay

Totally! We call him the California dog! He is the most easy going dog I've met. And pretty lazy too lol. Nikko is very hyper and comes off very strong, so I can see how another dog would not like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He sounds alot like my Dexter :) he lets Meeka be above him he could care less about being dominant or getting respect he just wants to run around and play. He doesn't lift his leg to pee anymore the first time he did it Meeka corrected him with a nip so now he squats. Lol they are so different!

Great job on rescuing I'm sure it will take a bit to get settled but I'm sure it will happen. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 to 3 is a HUGE difference. When we got Ares I thought it was going to be any easy transition like 1 to 2 was. No way, everything is so much more work. so much more dog food. everything is so much more. I have heard though everything after 3 is easy lol

Everything after 3 is ok as for me..I jumped from 1 to 2 to 4 lol because I kept two pups from past litter :P it was hectic :o but they are 8 months now and very well behaved and i feel like i could take on many many more!!

Having two was a walk in the park exp. because Knox was a puppy! fostering is hard because not only are you adding three but they usually don't have a long time with you so by the time they adjust they leave! lol but it's worth it. however, i think i'm in love with my current foster. it's going smoothly so far, however he is food aggressive and treat aggressive. he apparently guarded water too before I had him but he doesn't do that with mine. He occasionally shows his teeth to Luka if he gets in his face but then again Luka is obnoxious and isn't the best at understanding social cues. lol

That's exactly my problem with Nikko!  He is really obnoxious so I can see why the new guy would get tired of it.  He will run around him barking, swatting his paw in his face.  First he tried humping him, and that didn't go over so well! 

I am just worried Nikko is stressed because that would really kill me.  The last thing I want to do is stress him out. 

Having two was a walk in the park exp. because Knox was a puppy! fostering is hard because not only are you adding three but they usually don't have a long time with you so by the time they adjust they leave! lol but it's worth it. however, i think i'm in love with my current foster. it's going smoothly so far, however he is food aggressive and treat aggressive. he apparently guarded water too before I had him but he doesn't do that with mine. He occasionally shows his teeth to Luka if he gets in his face but then again Luka is obnoxious and isn't the best at understanding social cues. lol

That's exactly my problem with Nikko!  He is really obnoxious so I can see why the new guy would get tired of it.  He will run around him barking, swatting his paw in his face.  First he tried humping him, and that didn't go over so well! 

I am just worried Nikko is stressed because that would really kill me.  The last thing I want to do is stress him out. 

i wouldn't worry too much about it. If Nikko is as spoiled as Luka is (and i imagine he is haha) then he will eventually get over it. luka purposely pushes bexley out of the way to walk by me but they actually want to play together now. it's gotten better just over a week.

At the moment my transition to 3 is going well. Pips not husky but she's just about got the energy of one lol. Suki can't go for walks till next week...that may be the hardest part having 3 to walk but I can take Pip off lead. Best of luck and congrats :)

Yes, Nikko is a spoiled brat!  He pretty much gets his way, and I know I have created a monster!  He does very well in training and all, but I let him get away with a lot.  He gets to jump on the couch, he sleeps in bed, he gets nuggets and fries in the drive through!  If he is laying on the couch I even put the foot rest out for him!  I know, sad! 

i wouldn't worry too much about it. If Nikko is as spoiled as Luka is (and i imagine he is haha) then he will eventually get over it. luka purposely pushes bexley out of the way to walk by me but they actually want to play together now. it's gotten better just over a week.

Yes, Nikko is a spoiled brat!  He pretty much gets his way, and I know I have created a monster!  He does very well in training and all, but I let him get away with a lot.  He gets to jump on the couch, he sleeps in bed, he gets nuggets and fries in the drive through!  If he is laying on the couch I even put the foot rest out for him!  I know, sad! 

i do all of these things ! haha you are not alone

Good to know I am not the only one!  I usually have one on each side of the couch, so I have to sit in the middle!  I need a bigger couch now!

i do all of these things ! haha you are not alone