Keeping Fingers Crossed

RedJasper

I got a great lead on a new job.  So I applied.  I think I have a very good chance at getting this one too.  I have been working with incarcerated teens for almost 8 years.  I love my job.....well the kids at least.  However I need time to do me.  I have gotten out of touch with friends, hobbies, family, and everything else in my life prior to this job. 

I need 40 hour work weeks not 60 hours.  I need reliability in scheduling not working all 3 shifts every week.  I need to be certain that when I ask for a day off that I will get it not waiting till the last minute to find I am working 16 hours that day.  Where I currently work is a nightmare.  Management has no concern for anyone but themselves.  They lie to do whatever they can to fire someone.  They are very dishonest, manipulative and bulling people.  There is not much good I can say about this job other then the kids.  The kids is what have kept me there this long.

Anyway I am super excited about this job and I hope that I get it.  The hours are guaranteed, I will have weekends off except for one Saturday a month.  The pay will be different.  Wether that is good or bad yet I do not know.  The lead assumes it would be more.  That brings up a tax difference.  That will hurt.  More in transportation costs.  More for insurance probably as well.  I just want everything to work out for the better.  I need a break.  I have enjoyed the last 6 weeks off ( I had surgery) with the furkids and family, but I would like to be more involved all the time.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me too.