Its Not Cute Or Funny!

Mia-Blue

Mia isn't very keen on being groomed and will slowly crawl away if I let her, or she will roll into her back so I can't brush by the base of her tail. I have to spend a lot of time several evenings each week grooming her to stop her developing knots in her undercoat. I think if I stick to this routine she will eventually get used to it and may even begin to enjoy the experience!

Anyway for the last week or so she has been farting constantly during grooming, oh my days what a stench!! It's like she is doing it in protest, as soon as I go near her tail she squeezes the smallest, smelliest farts out!! I think I am going to have to invest in a gas mask!!

Do your dogs enjoy being groomed, or do they have their own ways of protesting against it?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two dogs here so of course I have two very different responses.

Sasha is good about letting me brush her, up to a point where she gets bored and then just walks away, then a few minutes later I can resume brushing, to her it's no big deal.

Avalanche with his short, tight coat doesn't need brushing often but he's been looking shaggy from his last blow ... all I have to do is get the brush out and head his way and it's an immediate "Uh-uh! Nope, I ain't gonna stand still for this!" So I have to settle for whatever I can pluck out, or "brush" out by hand.  He'll try to eat the brush or my hand ( not serious, just some mouthing ) until I just give up in disgust.

But thankfully, no gas attacks!

how awful!  and how smart if she doesnt like to be groomed! That would make me stop for sure!

My two don't like to get groomed, so I leave it to the professionals.  I just took the new boy to get groomed today because he smelled awful!  They said he did pretty well, but he seems submissive to other people.

Laughing out loud and having to explain to all and sundry in the office what I'm guffawing at. . . :)

how awful!  and how smart if she doesnt like to be groomed! That would make me stop for sure!

My two don't like to get groomed, so I leave it to the professionals.  I just took the new boy to get groomed today because he smelled awful!  They said he did pretty well, but he seems submissive to other people.

I'm not being defeated by her smelly bum! and boy is it smelly!! lol

Aww bless your new boy, what a few days he is having coming to a new house and then beeing groomed! How is he settling in??

oh goodness they're much much smarter than I thought! :rofl: 

Diamond came to me as a dog who doesn't mind anything but baths so I can't help much, but I guess you not backing down is already a good start :D I do think a gas mask is a wise choice though LOL 

Mine used to love being brushed, blaze would fall asleep n skyla would lay there n occasionally lick you<br />Now u have to chase blaze around n skyla tries to bite :-/

She seems to enjoy it until I brush by her tail, then she squirms about and will softly mouth my hand and brush......I usually get one of the children to sit by her head to stroke her whilst I groom her. But now she has started with the smellies my little helpers are refusing to come near her......so I think the new tactic seems to be working, lol

opps sorry....but shouldn't you be doing work in the office??? lol :busted:

Oh, Yeah. . S'pose I should.

But everyone here loves seeing the pics of all the gorgeous huskies on the forum . . .

So I get away with it. :up:

Oh, Yeah. . S'pose I should.

But everyone here loves seeing the pics of all the gorgeous huskies on the forum . . .

So I get away with it. :up:

lucky for them I can't pass a smell sample via the laptop!! lol

lucky for them I can't pass a smell sample via the laptop!! lol

LOL mine drop some horrendous smells, I'll bottle some of that and tell them you did it.

Oh, I mean Mia did it. . . :P

Skye loves being brushed she will jump in front of it when iim brushing shadow she however hates baths.

Shadow used to run away from the brush he now copies skye and comes over to me for a brush :D He also loves showers! lol

Kai doesnt like it, he tries to take the comb and run away with it but has only been successful on a few occasions :P He normally just starts mouthing so i get my sister to hold onto a rawhide stick and ket him chew that whilst i groom him.

What a fantastic idea!!

Diesel falls asleep and will begin snoring... he also rolls over onto his back (I usually brush him while I sit on the floor and he lays on his side) and want his belly done...

That's how I do it :D with Mia laid on the floor and me sat next to her and she loves her stomach brushing, just not by her tail where the knots are!

That's how I do it :D with Mia laid on the floor and me sat next to her and she loves her stomach brushing, just not by her tail where the knots are!

I usually brush his belly when I am all done--as a reward for him being good. If he does it while I am still busy, I tell him no and roll him back over.

I usually comb his tail, I've never seen him with matts or knots in his fur, anywhere. Of course, I try to brush him every 2 to 4 days when he is shedding. He doesn't like his back legs brushed so much...but yet he'll let me clip his nails, lol!

I usually brush his belly when I am all done--as a reward for him being good. If he does it while I am still busy, I tell him no and roll him back over.

I usually comb his tail, I've never seen him with matts or knots in his fur, anywhere. Of course, I try to brush him every 2 to 4 days when he is shedding. He doesn't like his back legs brushed so much...but yet he'll let me clip his nails, lol!

Yes I roll her back over too, then she looks at me with her puppy dog eyes and farts! Lol

The knots she gets are tiny ones in her undercoat, I read if you don't get them out it affects their ability to regulate their body temperature.

She loves her back being brushed too, just protests me grooming the necessary parts!

Balto hates it so much that he bites and flops down on one side so I cannot do the other. So we have to get him a muzzle so we can protect ourselves while brushing the furbaby.

Aww poor Balto, its not nice when they get upset is it? :(

I think I need to cork Mia, lol