Husky Eyesight (Special Or Is It Just Me ?)

Miahowlingprincess

Hi all , I watch Mia whilst she's doin her thing , and I think she notices more than a normal dog would do ie another breed , like birds high up in the sky she watched a distant plain tail light like a flashing star she watched it till it was out of sight , things on the tv watches it for ages . It's like a wild thing in them, I think that attracts people to them

I think Huskies are more aware of what is around them than some other breeds. Not necessarily a fact, just my opinion.

LOL. They can see a cat crossing the road from kilometers away. However, when that cat is sitting still next to the road, they walk past him as close to a few meters and they don't even notice it  :facepalm:

Dogs are, just like wolves, much better than us in spotting moving object. They'll be able to recognise people from a distance just by the way they walk. However, for stationary objects their eyesight is actually much poorer than us so sometimes they might even overlook things we have no problems noticing.

I have no idea however if there is a difference between different breeds. Can imagine it for breeds like the Dutch Sheepdog but that's because they just have loads of hair in the way.

With some breeds, you can almost see the single brain cells bouncing around all sad and lonely in there.

However. . .

With Huskies you can see some keen intelligence, cogs and wheels turning, figuring, plotting and planning.

Hi all , I watch Mia whilst she's doin her thing , and I think she notices more than a normal dog would do ie another breed , like birds high up in the sky she watched a distant plain tail light like a flashing star she watched it till it was out of sight , things on the tv watches it for ages . It's like a wild thing in them, I think that attracts people to them

I'm glad I'm not the only one, IMO Huskies are a breed that process everything around them and show more expression then other breeds, I don't think I could go back to dog breeds that have a "blankness' about them.

Im just saying that alot of us say this about huskies etc which is great :) but i bet you alot of people who are on other forums with other breeds say their breeds are different to :) They all have their own special ways i think :)