Its Going To Be A Long Month......

Mia-Blue

Well after a few months of looking I think we have found the perfect addition for our pack :D

This handsome pooch will hopefully be joining us next month, we are just waiting for him to be castrated!

I'm sooo excited, I hope Mia and he get along when they finally meet!

post-9358-0-92988100-1366051795.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BEAUTIFUL!! Looks like Echo! Congrats on your new pack mate!

I just adore your Echo, I was showing my other half your signature picture earlier and we said our new boy looks a lot like Echo too :D

Thanks! He adores attention lol..do you know how old your new boy is?

He is 4 years old, I didn't want a pup as Mia is so laid back and felt bringing s youngster into the mix might remind her she's still a pup herself! Our lurcher, Belle is really laid back so has been a really good role model for her :)

His temperament sounds very similar to both my girls and he is used to other dogs so will hopefully fit right in. We will be his 3rd home.

Well if you do a poll let me know LOL.  It was funny because the names we were throwing out were not even on the initial poll.  At the end it was between Chance, Storm and Kodiak.  A friend in our local husky group suggested Kodiak and I thought it went the best with the other 2's names.  As soon as I heard it i liked it

I just adore your Echo, I was showing my other half your signature picture earlier and we said our new boy looks a lot like Echo too :D

He is 4 years old, I didn't want a pup as Mia is so laid back and felt bringing s youngster into the mix might remind her she's still a pup herself! Our lurcher, Belle is really laid back so has been a really good role model for her :)

His temperament sounds very similar to both my girls and he is used to other dogs so will hopefully fit right in. We will be his 3rd home.

Echo will be three in September..That is so sad about the amount of homes he has been through..But I believe he will be great in your home and enjoy it!

Well if you do a poll let me know LOL.  It was funny because the names we were throwing out were not even on the initial poll.  At the end it was between Chance, Storm and Kodiak.  A friend in our local husky group suggested Kodiak and I thought it went the best with the other 2's names.  As soon as I heard it i liked it

I did have a giggle when I read you named him Kodiak with it not being in your poll! Does it stand for something? I've seen a few huskies with the same name so assume it might have a meaning!? But I agree the name fits well with your other 2 :)

Although I did like your poll idea, so might have to pinch it :D

Echo will be three in September..That is so sad about the amount of homes he has been through..But I believe he will be great in your home and enjoy it!

It really is sad :( but he has now got his forever home, but I have 4 long weeks to wait until I can pick him up. He's booked into the vets next Monday for castration.

I know, we had him for 24 hours and still could not decide on a name so I was throwing all kinds of ideas around.  It seems that females are so much easier to name, I had TONS of names picked out before when I got Yukon.  Before Yukon I had actually picked out the female of the litter because I heard that it was better to have opposite sex dogs, but after talking to more people and realized it didn't matter I changed my pick to my little white furball.  I am so glad I did too!  He is pretty awesome! 

Anyway, to answer your question it doesn't stand for anything, it was a suggestion that one of the people in our local husky group suggested and I liked it right away. 

I did have a giggle when I read you named him Kodiak with it not being in your poll! Does it stand for something? I've seen a few huskies with the same name so assume it might have a meaning!? But I agree the name fits well with your other 2 :)
Although I did like your poll idea, so might have to pinch it :D

I know, we had him for 24 hours and still could not decide on a name so I was throwing all kinds of ideas around.  It seems that females are so much easier to name, I had TONS of names picked out before when I got Yukon.  Before Yukon I had actually picked out the female of the litter because I heard that it was better to have opposite sex dogs, but after talking to more people and realized it didn't matter I changed my pick to my little white furball.  I am so glad I did too!  He is pretty awesome! 

Anyway, to answer your question it doesn't stand for anything, it was a suggestion that one of the people in our local husky group suggested and I liked it right away.

It really is a great name :D

I thought opposite sexes were best too!

If the new dog is only half the dog Mia is i will feel blessed. Mia is so very special to me she is everything and more that I could have asked for :D

I have just received this photo......just look at that sad face :( I don't think he was impressed with today's trip to the vet to be castrated!

post-9358-0-97045100-1366652956.jpg

I hope he makes a speedy recovery!

I personally think people are naming their huskies after the Kodiak bear, but that may just be me. ;)

In any case, Kodiak is a wonderful name. A bit too common IMO, but it still sounds nice. :)

Aww...I hope Kodi makes a speedy recovery! 

I personally think people are naming their huskies after the Kodiak bear, but that may just be me. ;)

In any case, Kodiak is a wonderful name. A bit too common IMO, but it still sounds nice. :)

Aww...I hope Kodi makes a speedy recovery!

Its Jason's new addition that's been named Kodiak...my new boy is still with the family we are getting him from. He is called Prince, but im not too struck on the name and am thinking of changing it to Chase.

We are hopefully bringing him home in 2-3 weeks, just need to give him time to recover from surgery and my OH has some work to do on the dog run too. Im very excited to collect him :)

Its Jason's new addition that's been named Kodiak...my new boy is still with the family we are getting him from. He is called Prince, but im not too struck on the name and am thinking of changing it to Chase.

We are hopefully bringing him home in 2-3 weeks, just need to give him time to recover from surgery and my OH has some work to do on the dog run too. Im very excited to collect him :)

Ah, sorry. So many new huskies are popping up - I have a hard time keeping track sometimes!  :redface1: 

My boy was originally named Prince. His 2nd owners renamed him Suka. I thought of changing it to something else, but his name grew on me...I hated it at first.

(His original name suited him, IMO! He certainly acts like a spoiled Prince!  :P )

I like 'Chase', but IMO I think it would be more suited to a black n' white. :)

Ah, sorry. So many new huskies are popping up - I have a hard time keeping track sometimes!  :redface1: 

My boy was originally named Prince. His 2nd owners renamed him Suka. I thought of changing it to something else, but his name grew on me...I hated it at first.

(His original name suited him, IMO! He certainly acts like a spoiled Prince!  :P )

No worries......and yes lots of new ones and to be honest it worries me. Whilst we were looking for our second husky I new I wanted to get an older dog rather than a pup. Just because I don't want 2 teenagers at the same time really!! Anyway whilst I was looking it saddened me to see how many people are wanting to rehome their husky, there are absolutely loads :(

To be honest the name Prince is growing on me too, but my 13 year old daughter is adamant she doesn't like it........

No worries......and yes lots of new ones and to be honest it worries me. Whilst we were looking for our second husky I new I wanted to get an older dog rather than a pup. Just because I don't want 2 teenagers at the same time really!! Anyway whilst I was looking it saddened me to see how many people are wanting to rehome their husky, there are absolutely loads :(

To be honest the name Prince is growing on me too, but my 13 year old daughter is adamant she doesn't like it........

Yeah - I've seen so many at shelters as well. A lot of older ones (5 years+), but a lot of young ones too (less than 2 years).

Personally, I think almost all of my future dogs will be rescues. I may get a GSD puppy one day (mainly due to their health concerns...), though...but only if my lifestyle allows for a puppy.

Volunteering at a few shelters has changed my perspective of things. Whenever I can I encourage people to adopt - there are a lot of good dogs out there just waiting for another chance. :)

Yeah - I've seen so many at shelters as well. A lot of older ones (5 years+), but a lot of young ones too (less than 2 years).

Personally, I think almost all of my future dogs will be rescues. I may get a GSD puppy one day (mainly due to their health concerns...), though...but only if my lifestyle allows for a puppy.

Volunteering at a few shelters has changed my perspective of things. Whenever I can I encourage people to adopt - there are a lot of good dogs out there just waiting for another chance. :)

I had fully intended on going to a rescue centre, but had a bad experience at the one I contacted. There was a beautiful boy there who had been abandoned in a terrible state :( anyway after several phone calls, I kept being asked to phone back, the man I needed to speak to kept putting my visit off so I gave it up as a bad job, such a shame as I know my family has so much to offer!

And then I stumbled across Princes advert and he just sounds perfect in every way :)

That said I take my hat off to anyone who had the time and devotion to volunteer in a shelter, I really don't think I could do it, it must be bety upsetting seeing those poor neglected and unwanted pets :(

I have just received this photo......just look at that sad face :( I don't think he was impressed with today's trip to the vet to be castrated!

attachicon.gifIMG_1643.jpg

I hope he makes a speedy recovery!

Aww poor baby! He sure is a doll :wub:  goodness just looks so much like Echo..cant wait to see more pictures