Its Going To Be A Long Month......

Mia-Blue

I had fully intended on going to a rescue centre, but had a bad experience at the one I contacted. There was a beautiful boy there who had been abandoned in a terrible state :( anyway after several phone calls, I kept being asked to phone back, the man I needed to speak to kept putting my visit off so I gave it up as a bad job, such a shame as I know my family has so much to offer!

And then I stumbled across Princes advert and he just sounds perfect in every way :)

That said I take my hat off to anyone who had the time and devotion to volunteer in a shelter, I really don't think I could do it, it must be bety upsetting seeing those poor neglected and unwanted pets :(

Thank you. It was always heartbreaking when I had to 'shove' them back into their cages after they've been outside (running around, etc) - some of them were terrified of going back into them. :(

But, I have good memories too. Playing with litters of puppies and kittens was always fun. And, of course, its such a good feeling to see a pet leave the shelter with a new owner. :)

And, IMO, volunteering at a shelter is a good way to know which dog you want to adopt because you interact with them directly (some dogs are aggressive while in cage but when out of one they are sweethearts, etc). 

Regardless, your new boy certainly is a handsome fella! 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aww poor baby! He sure is a doll :wub:  goodness just looks so much like Echo..cant wait to see more pictures

I'm so excited to bring him home, you know I'm going to drive you mad with photos don't you!! Lol

:D

Hey what about more puppy photos?? Have you made a decision yet on keeping one? I don't think i would be able to resist

Ill upload some tommorrow or tonight ;) and we have not made a decision yet...4 out of the 8 are sold..but the one really has our eyes just dont know about five in our house yet :P

Ill upload some tommorrow or tonight ;) and we have not made a decision yet...4 out of the 8 are sold..but the one really has our eyes just dont know about five in our house yet :P

I will look forward to having a look at your pictures tomorrow.......I like how you 'don't know yet' lol :D

In answer to your earlier question. Kodiak means Bear apparently, but it is also the name of some Alaskan islands which is what sold the name to us for our monster :D

Ahh, I thought it must have a meaning....and your Kodiak certainly is one cuddly bear! :D .......are you going to Delamere on Sunday??

Yup we'll be there :D

Just look out for two guys trying to control a monster pup!!! That will be us!!!

Kodi get's very excited when going on meet-ups...so all training that he's learnt really well just goes out the window and he goes into full-on Puppy mode!!! 

He is a very handsome lad indeed. 

Regarding the name Kodiak. Kodiak is an aboriginal tribe from the North of Kamchatka in Eastern Russia. So the name is actually quite appropriate for a Husky as Siberia and Kamchatka have a bit of cross over. Kamchatka is also the home of probably the largest population of Grizzly Bears.

Cheers

Jase

Yup we'll be there :D

I look forward to seeing you all there

Well it looks as though we will be picking our new boy up a week early......he should be joining us on 6th May, excited muchly :D

I cant wait to see more pictures!! this is exciting!!

This is the latest photo I was sent...........

post-9358-0-49078200-1366834424_thumb.jp

I don't think he's a happy boy :(

Hopefully I will be uploading lots of play photos soon once he and Mia meet up :)