Terrorists Again :(

Marc

Looks like we have terrorists at it again in Boston.

2 explosions at the finish line at the Boston marathon, one also gone off at JFK Library and another disarmed. All mobile/cell networks closed down incase this is how they are being triggered. Total no fly zone over boston. 

New York is now on high alert, as is security for the London Marathon. Not good.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and so far no one claiming responsibility.  I completely fail to understand what anyone thinks they accomplish by terrorism ...

Why, of all places at a marathon?  a whole lot of distraught people looking for friends and family don't make any sense!

Hope it all settles down for everyone quickly!

Hope they catch those responsible for it soon.  They are not confirming that it was terrorism, but saying "you can reach your own conclusions based upon what happened".  But to have as many bombs go off I would think it is. 

From the reports I have read it is a pretty horrific site.  I used to live outside of Boston and it was always a very crowded event. 

Tragic, to say the least. All the news channels in the US are giving this full attention.

Its just so sick. I just saw an update where at least 10 people lost limbs and SEVERAL more in hospitals where injuries are so severe, amputations are needed.

When will it end?! I was at Subway with my husband on lunch when it just happened. At first they were say it was a gas leak. I thought "no way. That looks like a bomb." Someone thought that through. Its a HUGE event.

Kudos to all the people who ran towards, not away to help. I saw military jumping in as well.

What do they hope to achieve.

Pointless. :(

I feel sad for the dead, injured and thier families.

My cousin and his family live in Boston but as far as we know they are all ok. Another pointless day out for an idiot terrorist, a waste of innocent life and people being maimed, and for what!!!!!  Still, if this other idiot in North Korea is allowed to carry on none of us will have to worry for much longer!!!!!!!

Gary.

I'm out on a limb here, but for some reason this has the feel of "home grown" terrorist ( of McVeigh's ilk ) as opposed to al-Qaeda, et al.  And, nope, I have absolutely no justification for the supposition.

Going back and reading some of what has been written about the marathon and the bombing - it was the Patriots Day race, "which commemorates the first battles of the American Revolution, at Concord and Lexington in 1775."  The perfect day for another of our grossly misguided "patriots".  I must have read that / heard that somewhere and it stuck in the back of my mind.

A little further on, yes, it was Tax Day ( the last day we here in the US have to file our income taxes ) and it's also the date that McVeigh chose to blow up the Murrah building in Oklahoma. Now I'd be willing to raise my wager that it's a "home grown" terrorist.

This isn't funny, but I had to chuckle.  There was a report of a Saudi man in the crowd who was acting nervous, so he was detained by a civilian and questioned by the police - now really, folks, if you were of middle eastern origin and were someplace where two bombs just went off, wouldn't you be a little nervous????

I would agree with you, I also think this would be a home grown terrorist, rather than al-Qaeda.  They did say that al-Qaeda did not take responsibility for it, which if they were the ones I think they would want everyone to know it was them.

It was also in the back of my mind if this was connected to the DA and ADA that were killed in TX, and the prison guard in CO that was killed

I'm out on a limb here, but for some reason this has the feel of "home grown" terrorist ( of McVeigh's ilk ) as opposed to al-Qaeda, et al.  And, nope, I have absolutely no justification for the supposition.

Going back and reading some of what has been written about the marathon and the bombing - it was the Patriots Day race, "which commemorates the first battles of the American Revolution, at Concord and Lexington in 1775."  The perfect day for another of our grossly misguided "patriots".  I must have read that / heard that somewhere and it stuck in the back of my mind.

A little further on, yes, it was Tax Day ( the last day we here in the US have to file our income taxes ) and it's also the date that McVeigh chose to blow up the Murrah building in Oklahoma. Now I'd be willing to raise my wager that it's a "home grown" terrorist.

This isn't funny, but I had to chuckle.  There was a report of a Saudi man in the crowd who was acting nervous, so he was detained by a civilian and questioned by the police - now really, folks, if you were of middle eastern origin and were someplace where two bombs just went off, wouldn't you be a little nervous????

Jay, that's an interesting connection - it's too early for me to see that, but agree we have seen quite a bit of "activity" by the Aryan nation / Aryan Brotherhood right here in Texas recently.  I might be more inclined to suggest the "Posse Comitatus" organization - but realize that we're now treading on thin ice, I'd invite neither of them to my parties.

Ongoing coverage here about two suspects in the bombing.  One was killed in a shoot out with the police and one still at large.

Apparently from news reports they were Chechnyans who had moved to the US.  The discussion so far here has been all over.  They are apparently Muslim but there has been no connections so far with any of the established groups.

Sounds like a real mess up around the Boston area - which is completely under lock down with everyone being told to stay indoors.

Ongoing coverage here about two suspects in the bombing.  One was killed in a shoot out with the police and one still at large.

Apparently from news reports they were Chechnyans who had moved to the US.  The discussion so far here has been all over.  They are apparently Muslim but there has been no connections so far with any of the established groups.

Sounds like a real mess up around the Boston area - which is completely under lock down with everyone being told to stay indoors.

Wow - they killed one of the suspects already!? I checked the news last night, and they were still looking for them...

Found a timeline from what happened overnight: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/boston-marathon-bombings-manhunt-what-happened-overnight-1.1244845

Found another article here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/04/19/boston-mit-shooting-campus-police-officer.html

EDIT:

Found some live streams from CTV News concerning the manhunt:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=706871&playlistId=1.1244800&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=710809&playlistId=1.1244800&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1