Terrorists Again :(

Marc

Everyone is living in fear. EXACTLY what they want. Doesn't help that the pres keeps bowing to their leaders. :/

Actually, they acted independently. According to CTV and CBC news, they were inspired by Al Queda, but that is it - they do not have any affiliation with any terrorist group.

Their uncle just appeared and told everybody he is on the police's side. He urged his surviving nephew to 'turn himself in', he said they brought shame to his family and his racial/cultural community. The uncle's 'speech' was very chilling...and my description does not do it justice at all, though.

They were brothers, too, and apparently they were 'normal' kids growing up. But they didn't have any American friends, and didn't feel like they belonged in America. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they acted independently. According to CTV and CBC news, they were inspired by Al Queda, but that is it - they do not have any affiliation with any terrorist group.

Their uncle just appeared and told everybody he is on the police's side. He urged his surviving nephew to 'turn himself in', he said they brought shame to his family and his racial/cultural community. The uncle's 'speech' was very chilling...and my description does not do it justice at all, though.

They were brothers, too, and apparently they were 'normal' kids growing up. But they didn't have any American friends, and didn't feel like they belonged in America.

Valid points. I do have some rebuttals, however I'll stop while I'm ahead. (Very politically driven) lol :) I don't want to start a war of opinions.

They've interviewed multiple of their classmates and the 19 year old was very well liked, athletic, good grades, and known as being "cool." definitely not an outcast.

Alex, I've been hearing that too.  It seems as if the elder brother was disaffected. The younger, from all reports so far, seems like a "normal kid".

I really feel for the families involved, because whether they are the families of the brothers or families of those who were killed - they're all victims.

If they are indeed responsible for the Marathon Bombing, I hope the younger gets taken alive, I'd like to get some answers ... there are way too many unanswered questions, too little known, and of course the biggest one "Why?"

I thought they were born in "Khalistan" (I forget the actual name, its something like that). I know their parents live in Russia, but that doesn't mean they didn't move there [Russia], before their kids moved to America.

Since no one else as added it, the police in Boston have captured the younger brother - alive!  Maybe we can get some answers from him, because I, for one, do not understand anything,

I can't see any rational motive for what they are accused of doing; it seems so far out of "kilter" for the types of kids they are reported to be, in general, by friends and family.  From the time of the bombing onward their actions have been completely beyond the realm of reason - carjacking, god, didn't they plan any type of "after action" plan? 

One major item that keeps rearing its head that really bothers me is the constant refrain that "They're Muslim, we don't need to look any further for a reason." That doesn't wash!  I'll stop now before I get more angry - prejudice, whatever its ilk infuriates me!

Since no one else as added it, the police in Boston have captured the younger brother - alive!  Maybe we can get some answers from him, because I, for one, do not understand anything,

I can't see any rational motive for what they are accused of doing; it seems so far out of "kilter" for the types of kids they are reported to be, in general, by friends and family.  From the time of the bombing onward their actions have been completely beyond the realm of reason - carjacking, god, didn't they plan any type of "after action" plan? 

One major item that keeps rearing its head that really bothers me is the constant refrain that "They're Muslim, we don't need to look any further for a reason." That doesn't wash!  I'll stop now before I get more angry - prejudice, whatever its ilk infuriates me!

I just checked the news - I'm glad he was captured!

I, too, am annoyed by the prejudice that's going on. There might be more to it - hopefully the younger one will talk so we'll have answers.

Here's a link to an article for everyone else.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/the-hunt-is-over-police-declare-as-boston-bombing-suspect-captured-1.1244745