Just Babbling

mydiamond

If anyone realizes, I have disappeared for several days lately from the forum. Just in case anyone wonders where on Earth did I go to, I'm gonna share what has just happened in my life recently :D 

So on Thursday I left Malang at 3:30 AM to attend a one-of-a-kind, three-days long English competition in Bandung. Have any of you heard of Model United Nations? :D it's basically a competition where high school students are supposed to act as delegates from a certain country and participate in a simulation of the UN's annual general assembly. This year's topic is "enhancing social inclusion and human rights protection of refugees in the global community", and I am representing Myanmar along with two other schoolmates. As you can see it was quite a "heavy" topic to think and talk about for us teenagers, so you can bet it was a chaotic, hellish three days  :lol: but hey I came out of it alive! It was already such a remarkable experience to meet all these intelligent youngsters (almost all of the participants are tenth graders and many, many of them are much better than me!!) and practice my English skills in such a challenging way (this is the first time I made a one-minute speech in five seconds preparation time)... but I came home with an extra reward by earning the third place, the Honorable Mention title, which is a real surprise because I thought I didn't even stand a chance  :wub: and that is why I think I need to give this forum another "thank you"  :D posting in H-O is the only way I can practice English every day. My parents don't speak English (well okay they do, but it's Singaporean English so... yeah) and my brother thinks practicing English is unnecessary  <_< this is the kind of circumstances almost everyone I know lives in, so it's a privilege for me to have this forum and all of you guys here :D 

oh, and of course, another important news: some of you might remember me saying I've never seen a red husky in my life. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I saw my first red husky in Bandung on Thursday  :woohoo:  :wave1: they ARE beautiful aren't they?? much much more beautiful in real life than in pictures! :D too bad I saw the red husky while I'm in a car.. because I jumped out of my seat, stick my nose on the window and scream "HUSKY!" LOL my schoolmates think I'm crazy  :P by the way, in case you don't know how far Bandung is from my little chilly town Malang, it takes 16 hours of train trip to get there x) I do arrive in Bandung by plane but due to the limited number of flights I have to go home by train. 16 hours in a noisy, wobbly train. Ugh  :wacko: so yeah that's pretty much why I didn't go online directly after I arrived in Malang on Sunday x) that would be all of my babbling... thanks for your time!

:congrats:

on your achievements.

And your english is excellent.

(better than some native speaking, peeps on the forum. :P)

What, Liv, ONLY an honorable mention??  << tease >> Very good!!!

And if your part of the discussion had you treat the discussion as if you were from Burma (refuse to try to spell the correct name!) then you definitely had your work cut out for you. But then, you did have the perfect example in the person of Aung San Suu Kyi.