My Adult Teenager

mydiamond

I have always doubted Diamond's house training level =\ I mean... I never knew is he fully-trained, half-trained, or maybe even not trained at all  :( since the day he arrived he always had this "rebellious periods" when he forgot everything he has learned and broke every rule in the house. I don't understand why is he still having these rebellious periods. I mean.. He's almost four!  :unsure: I can no longer remember when is the last time Dime had an accident, but suddenly these past few days he started peeing in the house  :huh: it's not like he hasn't been walked yet... In fact he peed right after he went home from his daily walk. Oh my gosh Dime sounds like an eight-weeks old doesn't he? =\ he also started challenging his boundaries. He knows full well the second floor is a forbidden ground for him but he has went upstairs three times and peed on a furniture on all three occasions :( two of them being in my room. He has NEVER peed in my room before. When he was younger he used to sleep with me when my parents are away and he never had any accidents! He is also restricted from entering the kitchen and even if he hasn't broken that rule yet, I can see that he's contemplating to do so  <_< lately, he likes to dart to the door leading to the kitchen right after I let him in just to check am I still gonna yell "hey!" or not. Sometimes I don't yell out anything to see is he gonna break the rule or not, and so far so good... he stopped right in front of the kitchen door. But then he laid down and slept there... Kinda like guarding the door. I don't know is that good or bad, but most of the time I'd ask him to go sleep somewhere else. Should I leave him alone instead? Anyways, my dad is totally unhappy with all these peeing incidents. I can't make him understand that this is Diamond's "occasional rebellious period" all he wants to see is his precious furnitures pee-free. And I honestly start to wonder how can I keep these furnitures clean without keeping Diamond outside :( :( I don't want to do that of course but these funny rebellious periods keep popping out for unknown reason! I also have no idea of detecting when will his next rebellious period occur and how long would it last =\ is this even normal? Should I go back to step one and keep him on-leash in the house? I'm on a one-week holiday right now so it's a good time to restart training, but I wonder if there's a way to make him fully house-trained once and for all? I don't think he's having any health conditions that causes all these peeing incidents btw.. as long as I'm keeping an eye on him he's good as gold. Once I am not home (I recently went away for three whole days. My mom told me he peed in almost every possible spots while I'm gone) he grew his devil horns and turn into a peeing monster :( what should I do? 

He's just reminding you that he is a thinking, reasoning being and that

he doesn't want you becoming complacent.

So occasionally he has to do something "Outrageous"

to remind you.

Could be he's unhappy about something and is 'misbehaving'

to make you aware that he's not happy.

Hmmmm

let me think did you not go away and leave him for three full days

recently ???????

oh goodness.... so is this a form of separation anxiety then? Or could he be stressed about something? :( oh gee I feel bad now  :(

Don't feel bad.

You have a life to live, and you revolve as much of it as you can around Dime.

however "real life" such as your recent trip happens and dime can't understand why you went away.

So he acts up.

Your title is quite right he's being a stroppy teenager.

what do I do then? I need to go away again tomorrow  :unsure: I'll be home by night-time, but I feel uneasy now  :( Dime won't be home alone, of course.. he'll have my brother and my maid

Both of you have to get used to the idea, that you have to occasionally go away.

as you say he's not left alone, however you are his person and he misses you.

He will get used to it don't worry.

Just give him big cuddles when you get back :)

Both of you have to get used to the idea, that you have to occasionally go away.

as you say he's not left alone, however you are his person and he misses you.

He will get used to it don't worry.

Just give him big cuddles when you get back :)

I go away and come back home pretty often due to school, so I thought he's used to it already but apparently not :( I'm gonna go visit this very large pet store while I'm away tomorrow though so maybe I can give him a little gift when I get back :D 

Is he castrated.  Maybe the episodes of him peeing is due to the fact that he can smell that there is a bitch in season somewhere in the area and he is marking his territory.

no he's not neutered... and probably will never be as long as he still lives with my parents =\ that made me wonder... how far can a dog smell the scent of a bitch in heat?? there is not many females in my area but I do know one that lived a little far away.