Trifexis

Choksaw

Has anybody used Trifexis on their Sibs? Ive doing some research on diffrent methods to control the fleas on Jack I live in florida and its insane the amount of fleas we have down here I hate seeing him itch so much and taking him to the groomer is a bite in the wallet. hes not very good on bathing when I try he whines and howls as if im killing him. Ive read some really bad things about trifexis so Im not sure if I want to spend the money on meds that might have bad effects on my boy.

Don't think we have this in the U.K.

unless it's under a different name.

We used Trifexis for about nine months. Nasty smelling pills. Both Huskies would up their dinner almost every time we administered the med. have since gone back to Heartgard Plus and Frontline. We have both fleas and ticks where we live. Trifexis does not impact ticks.

I'm in the comfortis crowd.  I've used it in the past and when I run out of the current scrip for FrontLine I'll go back to it.

Well, as always, I had to go look at something I know nothing about.  The tri (three) part of the pill looks good - fleas, heartworms and other internal parasites all in one pill - sounds like a decent panacea.  Until I ran across this site ( and several others like it ).  I'm lucky that where I am the aridity keeps most 'bugs' at bay, but even at that I keep mine on year round heartworm prophylaxis treatment.

If it were me, now, with what I've read - I'd stay with what I know is effective rather than try something that has too many side effects.

I use Trifexus just cause I always have since I got Cloud. It doesnt cover ticks but we don't have a tick problem here so thats ok, my puppies have been flea-free so I'm guessing it works, and they ALWAYS go on hikes and to the dog park.

I asked my vet about this and since it doesn't protect against ticks I decided against it because ticks are very bad here. So I use heartgard and k9 Advantixx since those protect against fleas ticks biting flies Mosquitos etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk