Females Snugglier Than Males?

huskylynz

My Suki is far more cuddly than Shadow was at this age or now for that matter. Shadow loves a good fuss and a belly tickle but he would never sleep on my knee and even now when hes having a kip on the sofa he'll move if you snuggle up to him, Suki and Pip both love good cuddles and get right nestled in next to me. Always had dogs but Shadow is the first male we've had. He's only like it when he's sleeping though, I think he gets too warm if you cuddle him :S

Are females in general just cuddlier or is it just Shadow that likes his sleeping space? lol

id say no... my female daughtry is a very solitary dog....

you stroke her on her terms and you need to bribe her to get cuddles

darwin the boy is a cuddlebunny to my dad.... he loves males, he will sit on men and snog the life out of them

all dogs have different personalities

Think this picture explains everything. Wodak just walks up to you to seek attention. He is more of a 'keeping it classy' kind of dog. Dana however will just jump onto you for cuddles and fall asleep that way. She definitely doesn't take a no, lol.

post-2355-0-25646400-1366386691_thumb.jp

We have two females.  Zoya, she does not know the meaning of the word cuddle.  Eisa, she lives to cuddle.  Don't know that it's a male vs. female issue, but is perhaps genetic.  Zoya's brother who lives in Michigan, I understand he does not cuddle either.  In fact, both Zoya and her brother get rather grumpy when you try to cuddle with them.

I live for snuggles!  Rori is a short term snuggler.  She will sit on you.  By on you I mean if you are sitting on the sofa she will back her hiney up and sit on your chest.  It does not last long maybe 5 minutes.  Vader is my long term snuggler.  Every night for about an hour he lays on the sofa next to me with paws or his head in my lap.  Rusty is a bed snuggler.  He loves to snuggle in bed.  So I am lucky that all of mine will snuggle in their own ways.

Echo(my boy) cuddles with me all the time and like crazy...but all three of my girls will not at all the closest they get to cuddling is laying at my feet or when they are scared and jump in our bed..i could even lay on the floor and Echo would be the only one who would walk up to me and lay down the rest would walk past and lay somewhere else

Definitely not a male thing then lol. Might be right with genetics though, Shadows parents weren't as snuggly as Suki,s. Pip is a mega snuggle but she's jack Russell/border collie (yeah strange lol) if my other halfs away she sleeps with me, she gets laid up right next to you so my heads above hers and my arms wrapped round her. So cute, love a good cuddle with my doggies :)

I prefer males because they tend to be lower key and more loving...I personally think it's a bit more common for a male to be more so than female, however it DOES come down to the individual dog in the end. Both my boys will cuddle, even Ro who seems to have a electric eel shoved up his arse 24-7, will slow down for cuddles and kissies. He's actually a very loving dog behind scenes. My breeder tells me my next pup is a real sweety who gives kissies...which is rare for a chow, so I suspect he'll be a cuddler too. :)