How Much Food?

alongado

I have started running my girl and she is doing 4 miles every other day at the mo and she does 4 miles walking on the days she don't run,I am feeding her 200g of pork ribs a day,is this enough? Don't want to starve her

How old is she?

It's best to loose weight slowly so I do think 200g sounds low. For a dog loosing weight you should be feeding 2% of the ideal body weight and see how the weight comes off then. Is she also getting the correct amount of offal? :) 

Most of the raw feeding groups advocate feeding 80% meat, 10% bone, 5% liver and 5% other offal. They stress that the offal, liver especially if very important and needs to be included. Have you tried feeding it frozen or mixed in with a mince or chopped very finely? :) 

We've found our sibe loves tuna and salmon (as well as chicken, beef, lamb etc). I can buy her a large can of tuna in spring water for less than the disgusting canned dog food (which I would never feed her!). We mix in a little grated carrot, broccoli and rice and she loves it.

Fish might help with her weight loss as its great protein. Adds a beautiful shine to their coat too!