New Phone

ponder85

The gf and I went to the dentist today, then she dragged me across the street to the electronics store to look at phones. She has been hounding me for months to get smart phones. I didn't want to pay extra for them and don't see much value.

So, we cut a deal. We got a new stereo receiver and smart phones today. I got an iPhone 4S and a very high end pioneer receiver. The best part? I can control my stereo with my phone. Haha.

Anyway, I figured I'd see how the forum looked on my phone.

My first smart phone was a blackberry, which I hated, except for the keyboard.  Then I got an android phone, which was a big step up.  I got the iPhone 4S last year and I absolutely LOVE it! 

iPhones are great but the biggest problem is that you have no choice but to keep forking out hundreds of pounds for the the newer phone as they stop making software updates and apps upgrade to being no longer compatible!! Currently using my 3G iPhone and so many things just won't work anymore.

Edited by emma1979

iPhones are great but the biggest problem is that you have no choice but to keep forking out hundreds of pounds for the the newer phone as they stop making software updates and apps upgrade to being no longer compatible!! Currently using my 3G iPhone and so many things just won't work anymore.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case with me. I hope this thing lasts the two years I just signed a contract for.

i'm ready for a new phone i think lol

and a new tablet, and anew laptop, and a new PC, etc, etc, etc :P

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case with me. I hope this thing lasts the two years I just signed a contract for.

Oh you'll be fine for 2 years  I'm sure.  I'm 2 generations behind the current model so therefore in their eyes mine is now pretty much obsolete.  fine for people on contract but not for people who don't really use their phone enough to warrant paying out for a contract phone.