Chicken Wings

Hi, I've noticed a lot of husky owners here say they feed their husky chicken wings.

Our husky is 6 months old. We feed her mainly chicken and beef mince, tuna or lamb mixed with a small portion of rice and veggies. We also give her dried dog food/kibble if she is still hungry after a meal. I've been hesitant to feed her chicken wings because of the bones. At her age would she be ok, and do you remove any of the bones before feeding your dog?

my girls started on them at 8 and 9 weeks 

just remember to get your ratios right for raw feeding as chicken wings have quite a high bone content xx

Edited by Leyka&Diva

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about giving mine some chicken wings as a treat too.  Maybe just a few a week though.  I would need to give it to them outside though because I can imagine that Nikko would take his and eat it on the carpet. I don't want raw chicken juice all over my carpet :o

Best thing you can give your dawgs. :up:

RAW uncooked.

they will lurve you for them :)

Yeah, will def. need to give it to them one at a time outside!  Kodiak still gets into fights with the other 2 when there are toys involved.  I don't want to know what would happen with a chicken wing!

Hi, I've noticed a lot of husky owners here say they feed their husky chicken wings.

Our husky is 6 months old. We feed her mainly chicken and beef mince, tuna or lamb mixed with a small portion of rice and veggies. We also give her dried dog food/kibble if she is still hungry after a meal. I've been hesitant to feed her chicken wings because of the bones. At her age would she be ok, and do you remove any of the bones before feeding your dog?

Don't give raw and kibble at the same time......they digest at different rates. Your post doesn't say if the meats are raw, just giving you a heads up if you change over to raw.

Don't give raw and kibble at the same time......they digest at different rates. Your post doesn't say if the meats are raw, just giving you a heads up if you change over to raw.

What if my guys are on kibble and I give them a raw chicken wing a few times a week? Do you think that would mess with their digestion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if my guys are on kibble and I give them a raw chicken wing a few times a week? Do you think that would mess with their digestion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She means in the same meal they shouldn't have them together but feeding kibble and then as a later meal or treat raw meat is fine

Yes I feed Zara raw, except for the canned tuna as its already cooked. We usually wait an hour after feeding her and if she's still wandering back to her bowl and nosing it we know she is hungry, so we throw some kibble across the yard for her to Hoover up. Do you think thats ok? It only seems to happen once every couple of weeks when she's on a growth spurt.

Ps: she is LOVING the chicken wings. We're restricting her to two meals of chicken wings per week (2-3 chicken wings per meal depending on their size).

Both mine have chicken wings at times but then i feed a whole raw diet. Shadow used to try hide his :S lol they have them in crates now and are expert chicken wing munchers so much so i promoted them to chicken thighs!

Both mine have chicken wings at times but then i feed a whole raw diet. Shadow used to try hide his :S lol they have them in crates now and are expert chicken wing munchers so much so i promoted them to chicken thighs!

are thighs ok too? we get the cheap morrisons saver chicken wings, but they keep running out and i've wondered about thighs but didn't dare in case i caused the dogs problems

Ryn gets raw chicken in the a.m. and kibble in the p.m. Because we are trying to get her weight down, she doesn't get much kibble and that leaves her 'very hungry' (just ask her and she'll tell you! LOL) So we supplement with veggies. Her favorites are asparagus, green beans, cauliflower, and the occasional carrot.

are thighs ok too? we get the cheap morrisons saver chicken wings, but they keep running out and i've wondered about thighs but didn't dare in case i caused the dogs problems

Yes they are fine :)

Thats good to know!  When I went shopping the wings were really expensive, but I could have gotten thighs for pretty cheap.  I might try those.

Does anyone know how long they are good in the fridge for?  I always freeze my meat so it doesn't go bad. 

Thats good to know!  When I went shopping the wings were really expensive, but I could have gotten thighs for pretty cheap.  I might try those.

Does anyone know how long they are good in the fridge for?  I always freeze my meat so it doesn't go bad. 

I'd only give them about a day or so in the fridge. I always freeze them and even give them frozen sometimes :)

Thighs are better as they are bigger so less risk of them swallowing whole

Good deal!  That will be a good summer treat for them! I will have to pick some up next time and give it to them frozen

I'd only give them about a day or so in the fridge. I always freeze them and even give them frozen sometimes :)

Thighs are better as they are bigger so less risk of them swallowing whole